• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help ringtone loop broken (pausing)

Has anyone noticed that ringtones designed to loop don't work seamlessly on RAZR HD? I have the GEICO boss ringtone, and the file plays, pauses for a second, and plays again rather than looping with no pause. Does anyone know what Motorola broke? Or how to fix it? I'm really considering writing Motorola a letter. There are some bugs and ostensibly missing features on this device that almost make me want to go back to my LG Optimus Zip.

um, it's not broken. ringtones play for the length of the tone, or until the call routes to voicemail or you answer. typically, ringtones are about 25 seconds long. if the tone is shorter than that, the phone realizes it still has an incoming call and then replays the tone.

Upvote 0
This seems to be the problem with everything... manufacturers want to make things that don't work properly, and expect people to just accept it. I thought android was supposedly customizable, perhaps as much as the Linux it is supposed to be based on.

The more you accept things that suck, the more things that suck these manufacturers will shove down your throat.

Upvote 0
there's a huge difference between "design" and "defect". I can't even recall the last phone I had that looped the way you want it to. NONE. this is going back from RMHD, RAZR, Thunderbolt, Incredible, Storm 2, Storm, Voyager, The V (vx9800), vx5200... or maybe I just didn't care enough to notice.

If you don't like it, create an app that overrides the OS ringtone settings and does what you want.

Upvote 0
Has anyone noticed that ringtones designed to loop don't work seamlessly on RAZR HD? I have the GEICO boss ringtone, and the file plays, pauses for a second, and plays again rather than looping with no pause. Does anyone know what Motorola broke? Or how to fix it?

Stick the ringtone file in an audio editor, like Audacity, and make the ringtone whatever length you want it to be by cutting and/or copying and pasting it.

Reactions: seVer
Upvote 0
Opinion heck! Almost any simple audio player loops properly. It's really amazing how many extremely obvious and annoying bugs they leave in Android. Don't they try these things before they release them?

Since when have you ever heard a phone ring continuously? It is ring, pause, ring, pause.....

Every phone I've ever used in my life works that way. It's not an audio player, it's a phone ringtone. Big difference.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones