Ringtone/Notification Theme Ideas?

Last Updated:

1. esmith818

esmith818 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Nov 15, 2009
    Do most people just pick random, unrelated sounds for their phones, or do you try to stick to themes for all your sounds? I like to have unique notification tones for each of two email accounts and my text messages as well as a ringtone. My preference is to have a common theme between all 4 sounds, but each unique.

As an example, I'm currently using a Mario theme:
    ringtone: Mario theme music
    gmail: power-up (mushroom)
    corporate email: coin grab
    texting: extra life (1-up)

A friend is currently using the various sounds of Galaga. Obviously, video games are a great choice since they have so many unique sound bytes that are usually the perfect length for phone sounds, but it's amazingly hard to find 4 unique sounds from a single game, and all of decent quality, even using apps like mabilo and zedge.

I'm growing tired of Mario and don't want to copy my friend's Galaga sounds so I'm turning to the Android community for new ideas for themes. Anyone got a good suggestion?

2. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2010

I have a hard time keeping to themes. I think the closest to a theme is that I use sounds from a old Nokia 3310 that I recorded. They are the old style monophonic ringers that are nothing more than beeps and tones that form what is supposed to be music. They are very annoying to some people (apparently, people are too used to phones capable of playing actual music!). But they are very, very LOUD.

Its sort of funny to hear such outdated ringtones from a modern Android device. :D
  3. tdfulk

tdfulk Member

Jul 11, 2010
    I may hav some to help for you. Check out the site in my signature, thousands of custom designed wallpaper and lots of cool ring-tones, so maybe you can find what you need over there. Hop this helps..