• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ringtone Problem Since 2.1 Update

greenmunky

Android Enthusiast
Nov 7, 2009
So I did the manual update to 2.1 yesterday and everything's great except for one issue. I have a ringtone set for my wife so that I know when she's calling but for some reason since the update it plays the default ringtone for her. I've tried deleting her contact and then manually adding the contact back, I've tried changing the ringtone to something else and then back to what I want but the problem persists. Please help, this is really frustrating.

Okay, I think I fixed it. The problem is that I use Advanced Task Manager and in 1.5 I had a bunch of apps which I excluded so they would remain running while I ended the rest. Well in 2.1 a new app appears called People... if you end it, your default ringtone plays for all contacts. So I just added it to my excluded list and it's all better after a reset.

Upvote 0
Okay, I think I fixed it. The problem is that I use Advanced Task Manager and in 1.5 I had a bunch of apps which I excluded so they would remain running while I ended the rest. Well in 2.1 a new app appears called People... if you end it, your default ringtone plays for all contacts. So I just added it to my excluded list and it's all better after a reset.
Thanks! It helps!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones