Ringtone Problem Since 2.1 UpdateGeneral

Last Updated:

1. greenmunky

greenmunky Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I did the manual update to 2.1 yesterday and everything's great except for one issue. I have a ringtone set for my wife so that I know when she's calling but for some reason since the update it plays the default ringtone for her. I've tried deleting her contact and then manually adding the contact back, I've tried changing the ringtone to something else and then back to what I want but the problem persists. Please help, this is really frustrating.

Advertisement
  2. greenmunky

<bump>

3. greenmunky

Okay, I think I fixed it. The problem is that I use Advanced Task Manager and in 1.5 I had a bunch of apps which I excluded so they would remain running while I ended the rest. Well in 2.1 a new app appears called People... if you end it, your default ringtone plays for all contacts. So I just added it to my excluded list and it's all better after a reset.

4. HookEmHorns*UT*

HookEmHorns*UT* Well-Known Member

After the upgrade will it revert to 1.5 if i do a factory reset? I beleive this may help alot of issues.

5. Dottom22

Dottom22 Active Member

Same problem here. I excluded the people app in ATM but noticed you have to reboot your phone before it will take effect. Thanks!

6. natsu

natsu Well-Known Member

Task Killers do more damage than good in my experience. Your phone uses less power when you dont use them.

7. revolnia

revolnia New Member

Hai guys..I couldn't find the People apps in advanced task manager. I have same problem with custom ringtone for each my contacts. I want to exclude it! :(

8. Dottom22

Dottom22 Active Member

Reboot your phone, then the people app should reappear. I would recommend refraining from using the task killer completely. I've taken out my Advanced Task manager and I love it, I don't have to worry about what to exclude anymore, such a relief and the phone seems to run a little better.

9. anzchoy

anzchoy New Member

Thanks! It helps!