• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Ringtone problem since Jelly Bean

Hi,
I have been having problems keeping my CUSTOM ringtone since Jelly
Bean.

I have even tried a couple apps such as "Tone Picker" and "RingDroide" hoping if I have them choose my ringtone, it will stick.

It keeps going back to a bell ringing ringtone after I set my Austin Powers ringtone.

Help...it must be Dr. Evil trying to steal my MoJo!

Welcome to Android Forums.

The term "SD Card" is confusing on the Bionic.

It is either
"Device storage" and "SD Card"
or
"SD card" and "SD-Ext" card.

If we use the terms SD Card and SD-Ext card and if your files are on the SD-Ext card then it is a problem similar to the one I had.

The solution is to move them from the SD-Ext card to the SD card and then they behave the way you want.

... Thom

Upvote 0
I had the same problem. I deleted and reinstalled the Motorola Drivers while hooked up to my computer via USB and I haven't had the problem since. This is what worked for me from another site:
"control panel, device hardware, find the bionic or motorola device and uninstall the drivers. Then unplug the phone, reboot the computer and then plug the phone back into the computer."

This is also online and it has worked for some but not for others. Just put your ring tones or alerts in the following directories. If they are not already there, create them and then try the above driver solution again.

Ringtones: \media\audio\ringtones\
Alerts/Notification: \media\audio\notifications\

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones