ringtone problem since update?Support

Last Updated:

1. IRunGameEP

IRunGameEP Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I updated my phone this morning and I have realized ever since then that every other call I get my ringtone plays for a millisecond and goes silent. Has anyone else encountered this? My ringer worked fine before the update...I am not tinkering around with my phone either...

Advertisement
  2. mapas01

mapas01 Member

+1 on this, I think its the option by default that quiets the ringtone when the phone moves. This may be an issue after the update where for some reason the phone things you move it one it rings and a split second later goes silent. Try turning off the "Quiet ring on pickup" option in Settings -> Sound & display, and see if that fixes the problem. I think it worked for me.

3. Miche77er

Miche77er Active Member

Mine is doing this too, my quiet on pickup option is unchecked :(

4. IRunGameEP

Mine too. It hasn't done it in a day or so though. It's so weird...

5. EntropyMu

EntropyMu Member

Mine is doing this too. It's also only occasional, and always when the phone is in sleep mode.

Mine has also just not rang at all a couple of times.

6. IRunGameEP

I wonder how wide spread this is after the update...

7. Cinsue

Cinsue Active Member

I have absolutely NO sound since the update. It's like the speaker just quit working. I can hear someone when they call me, but no ring tones, no music, NADA!!

I've taken it into the store and they of course, have no idea what's going on. A new phone was ordered and should have been here yesterday. I called customer service today and was told the order was rejected because of how the order was placed. She recommended I take my old phone into the store and have it reactived, return the DI and THEN a new phone will be shipped. I won't be able to get into the store til Saturday.

This SUCKS!!!

8. y2kirk1028

y2kirk1028 Active Member

same here, rings once and then nothing. i've been getting alot of missed calls because of this....:mad:

9. IRunGameEP

So it is something to do with the update then...I wonder what can be done about this

10. pfletcher229648

pfletcher229648 New Member

I can't get any sound out of my Inc since the update. I've done everything that I can think of to fix it. I've reset it to factory, checked all of the sound settings that I can find. I can't hear someone when the call, the phone doesn't ring, it won't play music, the numeric keypad on the phone screen won't play tones, etc. It's like the speaker got disabled with the update. I've called verizon and the phone is on back order until the 29th, so back to my BB Curve for now.

Also my battery seems to take forever to charge.

Hope someone out there finds a solution.

11. Cinsue

Cinsue Active Member

I've emailed HTC, but no reply so far.

12. IRunGameEP

Where did you get the email, I would like to email them as well.

13. Cinsue

Cinsue Active Member

I went here HTC Mobile Phones - Customer Service - Hotline Support

BUT, my phone actually rang over my lunch hour!:eek: It hasn't made a peep since the update. Not sure why it seems to be working now.

Guess I won't take it back tomorrow. I've got a couple more weeks before my 30 days is up. I'll wait and see what happens.

14. IRunGameEP

Well, now that I said it hasn't happened to me a lot lately, it is happening to me ALL THE TIME NOW. I missed 95% of my phone calls today...This is driving me NUTS. This needs to be fixed, like now!

15. EntropyMu

EntropyMu Member

Has anyone talked with anyone from Verizon with this issue? It occurs to me that it might not be something that's since the patch, how long did people have the phone before it patched anyway?

16. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

The update didn't touch anything ring related. Most of the problems were coming from people not cycling their phone (off the back on) after the update.

17. IRunGameEP

I started noticing the problem after the update, maybe it was happening before then too, idk. Every time I fully charge my phone, I reboot it (I check my uptime and awake time often), and it still happens to me. I bought the phone off the Verizon website, so I don't think I am able to goto a store and check it out (please correct me if I'm wrong). It is getting highly annoying though that I keep missing calls because my phone doesn't ring.

18. IRunGameEP

So I'm still having this problem... I called HTC and they gave me the warranty number. I called them and they told me that it sounds like a software issue and I would need to send my phone out to them. When I asked how long it would take, they said the standard 2 weeks and I need to pay for the shipping to them. This is not something I am willing to do, so I did an other hard reset of the phone, and didn't install anything, not even update facebook or google maps. I'm going to see if this does anything. I reformatted my SD card AND my internal memory before I did it too. Lets see if this still happens... ...

19. Willtrvl

Willtrvl Well-Known Member

What update was this?

20. IRunGameEP

Well now i have a replacement phone without the update and it is still happening. I didnt install any new apps or anything. It's definitely something with the software. I bet it happening to everyone, they just dojt realize it.

21. rhea4765

rhea4765 New Member

Well, for my case, there's no ringtone for messages, so I tried to uninstall GO SMS Pro, and voila, when there's messages or call, it sounds again...