• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Ringtone Reset

blingblang

Lurker
Dec 31, 2010
I don't know if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find it in a search, so!

I've had this really irritating issue with my Droid since I very first got it in April. Every half a day or so, it switches both my ringtone and my notification sounds to silent. I have to switch them back manually to hear the sounds.

I recently uninstalled almost all but the most necessary apps, and I can't think of anything I have installed that would be doing this.

It's quite irritating. XD The annoyances list for this phone is getting far too long. Any tips?

Thanks!

Welcome to the forums, blingblang.

I've moved your question to the Droid 1 support area, although there is a chance by "droid" you could be referring to just about any Android product. :D Be sure to let us know if you have a 2, X, Eris or Fascinate or something else other than the good ole Droid. ;)

That issue you report sometimes can be remedied by a reboot, other times by clearing cache and data in the messaging and phone apps which use ringtones, other times with a factory data reset.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the welcome! I do indeed have the Droid 1.

Here's the list:

Goggles
Handcent SMS
Google Voice
Solitaire
Facebook
Opera Mobile
Market
Maps
Amazon MP3
Twitter
Google Search
Gmail
Youtube
Angry Birds
doubleTwist
Airsync
Dropbox
Google Translate
Skype Mobile
Stopwatch & Timer
Colornote
Astro file explorer
Droidlight
Shopsavvy
Talkback
Street View
Notes
TTS service
Voice search

I'm not too keen on a factory reset, but if I have to resort to that I probably will.

What exactly would I do to clear the cache in Handcent?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones