Ringtone starts low then gets LOUD!General

Last Updated:

1. hookem

hookem Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I posted this in the Eris 2.1 leak bugs and fixes thread, but it was lost and ignored in a "back-n-forth" by two other members....

"For some reason, my ringtones get very loud when receiving a phone call. Regardless of how low I set the volume, it starts at the set volume for a split second, then gets loud to about 80% of full volume. Tried rebooting a few times and double checking the settings.

Any one else experience this? "

Advertisement
  2. A User Name

A User Name Well-Known Member

It's been answered in the other thread. IT'S A BUG. There's no fix other than "unchecking" the Quiet Ring on Pick up, which is where the bug is coming from.

If you uncheck it, it should keep the ringer the same volume. This works for me.

hookem likes this.
  3. hookem

Thanks. Seems to have done the trick.

4. A User Name

A User Name Well-Known Member

No problem buddy. Glad to help.

5. hookem

Meant to address this again a few weeks ago, but kept forgetting.

Unchecking the "Quiet on Pick up" seemed to do the trick, but only for about a day. The volume still goes from low to very loud, but just not on every incoming call. Really annoying.....:mad:

6. eurotrash323

eurotrash323 Well-Known Member

I've got the same problem. I keep my "Quiet on pickup" checked and sometimes it will "grab" and quieten in down.....others times LOUD.

Annoying, yes.

7. alexv

alexv Active Member

so annoying... this happens to me all the time. super loud - but i can't always keep it on vibrate... ugggh.

i have had quiet ring tone on pick up unchecked since i leaked to 2.1, and it seems that only recently this has been an issue. i am going back to quiet ringtone on pickup and i will see what happens.

8. alexv

alexv Active Member

so annoying... this happens to me all the time. super loud - but i can't always keep it on vibrate... ugggh.

i have had quiet ring tone on pick up unchecked since i leaked to 2.1, and it seems that only recently this has been an issue. i am going back to quiet ringtone on pickup and i will see what happens.

9. hookem

I finally decided to use the "Silent" ringtone as default. That way I will still hear text and email notifications.

I can still feel the phone vib (some of the time) when a call comes in, and if I don't feel it, well, that's what voicemail is for.