• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Ringtone Starts Off Quiet

charliehowes

May 5, 2010
When I recieve calls on my SIII for some reason the ringtone starts off really quiet and then suddenly jumps to full volume.

I've only (briefly) owned 1 Samsung handset in the past, a Pixxon, & I know that used to do the same thing. I assumed it was a fault but now I'm guessing this is not the case.

Can anyone please tell me if I can change this ? I know it wouldn't make a scrap of difference to most but I know it'll do my head in lol.

Thanks in advance :)

My S2 does that, previous to the S2 I had an iPhone 4 which did that, and previous to that I had a Nokia which also did it.

Standard Operating Procedure, methinks!

Bizarre! Like I said in my opening post the only time I've ever noticed this before is on the Samsung Pixon. Never noticed it on any handset in all the years prior to that & the SE W995, BB 9700, HTC Desire & Sensation XE that I've had since certainly never done this.

XplosiV & NineToTheSky it may well be that but it's not what I'd expect from "ascending". The 1st couple of bars to the ringtone are really quiet & the same level of loudness and then boom full volume lol.

When I was setting the phone up I did notice the ascending option somewhere but having just looked again I cannot see it.
Can anyone point me in the right direction to find it ?

Upvote 0
Same here. I have the Galaxy S4. Noticed it about a week or so after getting it that when ringing, the first several seconds is partially muted then goes to selected volume level. Looked everywhere for any type of control, but nothing. After reading here, must be a Samsung thing. I'm slow enough, so not getting to hear the ringtone for the first several seconds is not a welcomed feature. Samsung, if you must have it, allow users to control it!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones