Ringtone Starts Off QuietSupport

1. charliehowes

charliehowes Well-Known Member

When I recieve calls on my SIII for some reason the ringtone starts off really quiet and then suddenly jumps to full volume.

I've only (briefly) owned 1 Samsung handset in the past, a Pixxon, & I know that used to do the same thing. I assumed it was a fault but now I'm guessing this is not the case.

Can anyone please tell me if I can change this ? I know it wouldn't make a scrap of difference to most but I know it'll do my head in lol.

Thanks in advance :)

Advertisement
    :
  2. NineToTheSky

NineToTheSky Well-Known Member

The only thing I can think of is that there is a setting in the phone app to 'increase volume in pocket'. Could it be that?
  3. CargoMatatu

CargoMatatu Well-Known Member

My S2 does that, previous to the S2 I had an iPhone 4 which did that, and previous to that I had a Nokia which also did it.

Standard Operating Procedure, methinks!
  4. XplosiV

XplosiV Master X is Watching You VIP Member

Sounds like the volume is set to "ascending"

Rather than being set to a specific volume, ascending will start quiet and get louder.

Some third party apps support this for alarm volume etc.
  5. charliehowes

Bizarre! Like I said in my opening post the only time I've ever noticed this before is on the Samsung Pixon. Never noticed it on any handset in all the years prior to that & the SE W995, BB 9700, HTC Desire & Sensation XE that I've had since certainly never done this.

XplosiV & NineToTheSky it may well be that but it's not what I'd expect from "ascending". The 1st couple of bars to the ringtone are really quiet & the same level of loudness and then boom full volume lol.

When I was setting the phone up I did notice the ascending option somewhere but having just looked again I cannot see it.
    Can anyone point me in the right direction to find it ?
  6. elbeeuk

elbeeuk Well-Known Member

If you go into phone app>press menu button>go to call settings> increase volume in pocket is in here.

Mine's off by default though.

HTH

Elbee
    charliehowes likes this.
  7. charliehowes

Cheers for your reply mate, mine is also unticked by default.
    Out of interest does yours do the same as mine ?
  8. elbeeuk

elbeeuk Well-Known Member

Think it possibly does for the first split second
  9. charliehowes

Cheers mate
  10. Ghostrocket

Ghostrocket Member

just so you know first time someone has rung me since i got my s3 and it does the same :)
  11. Mar

Mar Well-Known Member

Mine is the same
  12. legalkill

legalkill Well-Known Member

My verizon US S3 does the sound increase. pocket volume not checked.
  13. 2horses

2horses Well-Known Member

I have a Samsung E4GT that does the same thing. I kinda like it! I'll be fine if my S3 does it as well. Maybe it's a Samsung thing?
  14. legalkill

legalkill Well-Known Member

I noticed the volume differential when using Pandora. just like the ringer for the first sec or two volume was lower.
  15. tdenis

tdenis New Member

Same here. I have the Galaxy S4. Noticed it about a week or so after getting it that when ringing, the first several seconds is partially muted then goes to selected volume level. Looked everywhere for any type of control, but nothing. After reading here, must be a Samsung thing. I'm slow enough, so not getting to hear the ringtone for the first several seconds is not a welcomed feature. Samsung, if you must have it, allow users to control it!!!
  16. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

Get the app "Disable Increasing Ring", activate it and forget about it. Works perfectly :D
    nuttynat84 likes this.