Ringtone stops ringing second after it startsSupport

Last Updated:

1. gemmy

gemmy Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, got my Incredible last wednesday. It has been great. It does not seem to have any of the issues others have been having untill last night. It started having problems with the ringtone. When some one calls it will ring but only for a second than it goes silent. I can still answer the call but I know I will miss calls this way. Also sometimes it is hard to open it up from the lock screen to answer call when this happens.

Anyone else have this issue. I already did a battery pull and called *228 for a prl update. Still having issue. Of course when I took it to the Verizon store it did not do it.

Advertisement
  2. kristanc

kristanc Well-Known Member

Do you have 'quite ring on pickup' enabled?

Settings>Sound>Quite Ring on Pickup (make sure it's unchecked)

3. gemmy

No that is the first thing I checked. I thought maybe my daughter had messed with the settings. But it was not checked

4. craighwk

craighwk Well-Known Member

I am having this problem as well, except that it only seems to happen when I have the phone sitting on my desk. It will ring for a split second and then go silent. I can still take the call, but if I am not right there, I will miss it.

I don't seem to have the problem any where else though, so I don't know if the spot on my desk is some sort of dead zone or what, but who knows. I just got the phone last week so I haven't had that much time to fool with it, but the silence on the desk is pretty consistent.

I just got a new email and I heard the phone vibrate, but the sound didn't chime... so, apparently it's affecting that too.

5. gemmy

hi, well I think I have fixed the ringtone stopping after a second. Not sure which thing did it but here is what I did. I uninstalled the live wallpapers I had downloaded. One was Nexus, one was quad I believe than I was going through the applications and noticed that Skype was running in the background. I don't even use it but I did click on it in the menu must have turned it one when I did that. Anyway not problems since this morning.

I have called myself many times and it is still working as it should. We'll see how it goes.