Ringtone Trimmer Stopped Working?

Last Updated:

1. A1Dan

A1Dan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

Not sure if I'm being thick and missing something but...

I set an mp3 to be my ringtone the other day, and when i did it, I had a play with the trimmer, but just decided to use the whole thing in the end. The point being that the trimmer was definitely working.

Today I went to change to a different MP3, and wanted to trim, but the trimmer is not working. It seems to think the mp3 is 0 seconds long:

• The big "timer" at the top shows 00:00, as does the small one to the right, next to the stopwatch.
    • Both "speech bubbles" above either end of the time bar are empty and greyed out
    • Timer to the left of the bar says 00:00
    • Lefthand slider (with the 6 dots) is green, but right hand one is grey.
    • Pressing the right ot left arrows gice message "minimum length for a ringtone is 3 seconds".
    • Hitting "set as" gives messaeg "auto-trimming failed"
    I've tried going to other mp3s, but they now all do this. Anybody know what is going on?

Advertisement
  2. A1Dan

A1Dan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Bit of an update... I coped the original album I had managed to trim a track from back onto the phone's card (had removed previously). And I can still trim ringtones from songs on that album, but not from any other albums on the phone. The only difference I can notice is that the mp3s that work is ripped at 192 kbps whereas the others are 128, but I can't see how that makes a difference!

Just seems weird to me!