ringtone won't stay setSupport

Last Updated:

1. animejoe69

animejoe69 Well-Known Member

has anyone else had a problem with setting a costom ringtone as the main tone. every time i power off and power on the ringtone reverts to "curve ball blend". this is my first android phone but i never had any older phones do anything like this.

2. animejoe69

also haveing trouble with the proximity senser when i hold phone to my ear for a call the screen goes off like it's supposed to but when i bring it down to end the call the screen doesn't want to light back up. sometimes i have to shut off the phone and restart it. any ideas please this is really bugging me cause everything else works fine
  3. Wiesshund

Wiesshund Well-Known Member

SD card not.mounted at boot. Hence default ringtone. Move to system storage to have it keep.tone at reboot
  4. animejoe69

ok how do i do that without being rooted.i'm new to android phones as this is my first one and am thinking of trying the root program anniedroid posted but am a little worryed i'll screw the phone and i am unable to buy another
  5. Wiesshund

Wiesshund Well-Known Member

you need to be rooted to see the non SD card part of memory, but if you dont go hacking the system files you should not break anything
    then after it is rooted, simply take a file manager (from google market on phone) and move your ring tone in to /system/media/audio/ringtones

then it will be able to load it at boot.
    This is non destructive to the phone, you aren't changing any anything system related.
    Your ringtone can be mp3 or oog format
  6. animejoe69

witch file manager do you recomend?
    i have es file explorer but i can't see any system files with it

never mind, i just found one that works. thanks for the file path tho put the ringtone in. i did have to change the mp3 to ogg though.
  7. C3Pdr0id

C3Pdr0id Well-Known Member

YES & it's driving me Nuts :confused:

Do the ringtones need to be ogg files, under a certain length, a certain sample bit rate??

Plus I can't copy to that folder Weishund:

Attached Files:

8. animejoe69

you do need to be rooted and set your file manager to read/write to root folders, but i can put mp3 or ogg ringtones into the media folder and set them to work on restart
  9. C3Pdr0id

C3Pdr0id Well-Known Member

hmm, mine is rooted. I don't see how or where to set my Astro File manager to read/write to root folders?

since you're the OP how did you resolve this then?

thanks for your help
  10. The~Skater~187

The~Skater~187 Well-Known Member

Try ES File explorer or Root File Explorer
  11. animejoe69

i have ES File explorer but i don't remember where exactly the root setting is in it,but i know its there.
    i'm completely new to "smartphones" so it took awhile to find it
  12. The~Skater~187

The~Skater~187 Well-Known Member

I believe with es you have hit the,menu button to got the option to change r/w permissions
  13. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

To set es to read write access in ES you need to go to menu > settings > root settings > and check root explorer, up to root, mount file system, and backup system app.

make sure you know what you are doing when you are using root in a file explorer!!! use EXTREME caution! you can an will brick your device if you delete the wrong file or folder.
    iJive and The~Skater~187 like this.