ringtoneSupport

Last Updated:

1. lowreed

lowreed Member This Topic's Starter

I got a ringtone from Phonezoo as an mp3 attachment in a text message. How do I get it to my list of ringtones to choose from?

Advertisement
  2. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Save it to your sdcard. If you dont have a folder already called ringtones make one and put it in there

3. bby31288

bby31288 Member

How do you save to your SD card and how do you create a folder. I received a ringtone from Verizon website in a multimedia message. It is in MP3 format also, but when I hit settings, no where does it say "save"! HELP

4. Jacki1008

Jacki1008 Well-Known Member

first, make sure you are using the stock messaging app and not handcent. for some reason, you can't save the ringtone attachment if using handcent. When you open the message and the ringtone, touch the menu key and then 'select attachment' and make sure you enable the green checkmark.

Now, about where it is and how to move it into a file called ringtones:
    on the home screen press Applications icon. Find and press My Files. Press the folder called 'download.' your ringtone should be in there. Long press the ringtone, select Move and at the top press Create folder. Then name the folder "ringtone" if you'd like.

Hope that helps

P.S. when you have saved the ringtone attachment, it should show up in your music player. you can long press it and choose "Set as" and the option will come up that allows you to assign it to a contact as a caller ringtone

bby31288 likes this.
  5. bby31288

bby31288 Member

Jacki!Thank you so much. I have no idea how, but I got it. Took me a few trys to figure out how to make the green check mark. Thank you so much for taking the time to help me...

6. Jacki1008

bby31288, it is my pleasure. I was having this problem and someone on the Fascinate forum on the Verizon wireless website took the time to help me. Helping you is the best way to pass it on!

7. TheAlmightyDrew

TheAlmightyDrew Well-Known Member

For future reference, just use Ringdroid. It is so much better.

8. Jacki1008

Okay...new issue for me. I downloaded a message tone from Zedge that I wanted to use as my notification tone for texts. It downloaded fine. I saved it in the file I named ringtones. BUT...try as I might, when I cannot find a way to assign it as the notification tone. I've tried going in through settings, sounds & display, notification tones, but it doesn't show up. I've tried going in to settings through the messaging app - doesn't show up. I've tried long pressing it, but the only option is to set as voice call ringtone. I can't see how to add it to the choices for notification tones.
    Help!

Edited: Nevermind. I figured out that I had to create a folder called "Notifications" and move the tone there. Then it magically appeared as an option in the sound settings.