Ringtones after connecting to computer via USBSupport

Last Updated:

1. dawnierae

dawnierae Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere, but I couldn't find anything. I connect my DX to my PC via USB Mass Storage to easily transfer pictures/music/icons, etc. to my phone. However, once I disconnect from my PC, some of my custom ringtones "reset" to one of the simple rings, and when I go to look at what ringtone is assigned, it just says "Unknown Ringtone". Any idea why this happens or if there is a way to keep it from happening? It's a pain to have to reset all of my ringtones and notification tones every time I have my phone connected to my PC.:confused:

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Think about it. If your ringtone is on your sd card, everytime you connect via usb using "mass-storage" your phone is unable to read the SD card, as the PC is reading the card. It's supposed to be that way.

When you want to disconnect the phone, make sure in the pull-down notification menu, under USB connection, select "charge only" first, before you disconnect the cord. Then your phone should read the sd card and the ringtone.

dawnierae likes this.
  3. dawnierae

dawnierae Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Sweet...I'll try that next time and report back. Thanks!