Ringtones and media

Last Updated:

1. 10Eric04

10Eric04 New Member This Topic's Starter

For starters, the phone is amazing. I just have a few questions:

Is it possible to set a ringtone to go off when you receive a text message? MY old VZW phone allowed a ringtone notification. I have yet to find a way to do this; anyone know how?

And second; Is sending media possible? I edited a song to be my ringtone (trimmed it..) can I send that version to a friend?

~thanks

Advertisement
  2. jimdroid

jimdroid Well-Known Member

definitely. Go to the SMS client (you are probably using Messages) press Menu: Settings: then go to Notification Sound.

Other SMS clients, such as Handcent, allow you to customize SMS notification sounds on a per user basis.

jd

3. buckeyedroid

buckeyedroid Well-Known Member

in the android marketplace there is an awesome
    ringtone app. called "zedge" ringtones.
    they have any kind of tone or ringtone.
    i got a 2001 space odyssey voice that says
    "a mesage has been recieved" and i set that up
    for my gmail and message alert. then i got this really
    futuristic tone for my main ringtone.
    the app. is free.:)

4. traumajunkymom

traumajunkymom New Member

Ok. I am fairly new to the droid technology. I have a few questions and concerns with ringtones and text messages. I am having up to a four hour delay in the time stamp on incoming text messages only when my phone is roaming. I get the message in real time but the time stamp is four hours in the future. LOL. This makes conversations RATHER confusing. (I.E. receive a message at 1300 and timestamp shows 1700) I downloaded chompSMS after doin some reading online to hopefully correct this matter but it has not fixed it at all. Also, I would like to assign a different ringtone for text messages for individual contacts. How can I do this? I have several personalized mp3 ringtones assigned for calls and such but have yet to figure out how to do this for various text messages. Pleas help!!!!!

5. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Re-read post #2 in this very thread. ;)

6. traumajunkymom

traumajunkymom New Member

Yes I saw that but was unsure if that would help correct my problem. I have no issues with getting customized ringtones to set as a general. My issue is having the right app to set different tones for different contacts regarding ringtones for text messages. Will this app allow me to do that? Also i currently have chompSMS as well as original SMS app that came on the phone. So how does that effect this app called "zedge" ringtones? Does it matter what SMS app u are using?