• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Ringtones and Notifications

ronaldramsayii

Android Enthusiast
Mar 31, 2010
Atlanta
Now I have a few ringtones and notifications that I'm trying to put on the memory of my phone, and not my SD card. I used Root Explorer to move them to system/media/audio/ folder dropping them seperately in "ringtones" and "notifications." After that isn't the file suppose to appear within the menu where I'm trying to apply them either as ringtones or notifications? I don't seem them appearing.

The reason for me doing this is sometimes my phone doesn't play the ringtone assigned to a person because the clock rating on the CPU is low, so it doesn't pick up from my SD Card fast enough.....

Any ideas?

Now I have a few ringtones and notifications that I'm trying to put on the memory of my phone, and not my SD card. I used Root Explorer to move them to system/media/audio/ folder dropping them seperately in "ringtones" and "notifications." After that isn't the file suppose to appear within the menu where I'm trying to apply them either as ringtones or notifications? I don't seem them appearing.

The reason for me doing this is sometimes my phone doesn't play the ringtone assigned to a person because the clock rating on the CPU is low, so it doesn't pick up from my SD Card fast enough.....

Any ideas?

System/media is... as far as I have seen... supported by .ogg files only.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones