Ringtones Assigned to Single Contact (2.1)General

Last Updated:

1. schmiffly

schmiffly Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Can I assign a specific ringtone to one contact? For example have the default for everyone and then another ringtone for just one contact?:eek:

Please... Yes? How?

(Cant seem to find any option for it)

Advertisement
  2. ryan79260

ryan79260 Active Member

Yes, pull up the contact in the People app and scroll down to Ringtone option (third from the bottom) on the first screen. Select that and change to your heart's desire.

schmiffly likes this.
  3. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

You can also create a ringtone and set it for a contact from the music player. Simply hit the menu button when listening to a song and it will allow you to trim the song down and set it as a ringtone for a contact or the whole phone. Only allows you to trim the song in 2.1, btw.

4. schmiffly

schmiffly Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Doh.... Gosh I hate when that happens...Thank You for the info... Didnt evne scroll down, just went to edit and that didnt work...

5. atremorer

atremorer New Member

I have no ringtone option listed at the bottom of my contacts. When I go into the music player, click the menu, and then choose SET AS; I get the Caller ringtone option. However, when that takes me into my contact list, I only see AT&T numbers as my contacts. If I search for a contact, it will find it. The problem is that, if I click on the contact, it takes me into the contact but doesn't let me select the found contact to give it the ringtone.

They do show up as being my ringtone if I click on one of the AT&T listed contacts.

I'm using a Samsung Captivate (Galaxy S) -- Android 2.1?

Michael