Ringtones disappearing on reboot.Support

Last Updated:

1. MTC

MTC Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

How come every time I reboot my phone, my ringtones that I have created and set disappear? I use rings extended to change my notification ringtone and I use the stock ringtone maker in the music app that comes with the phone.

Advertisement
  2. s0nic69

s0nic69 Well-Known Member

im getting this problem too. what i did is i grabbed the edited song and moved it to another folder in my sd card and it seems to keep the ringtone now.

MTC likes this.
  3. MTC

ill give that a try. thanks.

4. all.about.it

all.about.it New Member

I also had this problem- really too bad. Here's an additional explanation for anyone looking it up:

Upon reset, the trimmed ringtones were not deleted, you just have to find them and move them for the phone to always "see" them on reset. I found the trimmed ringtones under folder .ringtonetrimmer, ringtones

I copied all the trimmed ringtones and moved them into a new folder (I called the new folder "RINGERS") in the phone's MP3 folder.

Now... As far as accessing these: I have lots of music on my SD card, so I wanted these all easy to find in HTC's music player where you set the ringtones. On my computer, I set the "album" of all the ringtones as "RINGER" so I can easily find them in the music player under that "album". Yeah, I had to involve the computer, but I'll probably just trim everything in bulk and only do this rarely.

**important message though: your tones are still there, so you don't have to create them all over again if you find them "missing" on reset :)

5. MTC

Hey I'm glad you responded today! I was just about to post on here again because it just happened to me again. Ok so I rebooted and they all deleted or got unset again. How do ifind them? are they on the internal storage? I don't see them on my sd card. How would I go about finding them?

6. MTC

well i've searched everywhere and i can't find the trimmed ringtones. I've only searched the sd card. How do you search on the phone for them?