• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Ringtones folder location?

obiwan1968

Lurker
Jan 14, 2012
This may as well be a general Android question, but where should the "ringtones" folder be located? On the SD card or on the phones memory itself? It seems like every once in a while my custom assigned ringtones revert to default. I am wondering if it may be after I add MP3's to my SD card? could the "disconnecting" of the SD card from the phone be wiping the memory?

This may as well be a general Android question, but where should the "ringtones" folder be located? On the SD card or on the phones memory itself? It seems like every once in a while my custom assigned ringtones revert to default. I am wondering if it may be after I add MP3's to my SD card? could the "disconnecting" of the SD card from the phone be wiping the memory?
Yes if you remove the SD card your phone will revert to default settings for ringtones.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones