Ringtones for individual contacts on DXSupport

Last Updated:

1. kibble

kibble Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I normally don't like making new threads to ask questions about stuff if the info is already out there, but unfortunately, I can't seem to find the info I'm looking for anywhere. I've googled and done searches and manually looked through the threads here on AF:( I even checked the documentation the X came with.

My Fiancee just got the X and was setting it up and she was looking for a way to set up individual ringtones for certain contacts the way she had them set up on her Droid but there doesn't seem to be an option to do it on the X. Does anyone happen to know anything about this?

Advertisement
    raymondbelew7 likes this.
  2. 2horses

2horses Well-Known Member

check out the other thread - basically you hit Menu/edit, then look under Additional info (by turning the arrow down - the *expand* function). It's about halfway down the list.

ETA - you have to hide the keyboard to see the Additional Info option. Using the back key works.

kibble likes this.
  3. kibble

kibble Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

OMFG.... we didn't even see that arrow next to the additional info.... :p even though I had removed the keyboard to see what else was there.

Thanks so much!

What other thread were you referring to? I'd like to see it.

4. JA1234

JA1234 Well-Known Member

edit contact
    go down to "additional info" press arrow it will rotate down... then scroll down to call handling and select ringtone
    that gets you to the ones on the phone

I havent got my ringtone app installed yet.It would let me set the ringtones to contacts when I had it on my D1 will find out soon if it stil will on the x or what I have to do..I like to have some for some good freiends and not so good friends too

good luck hope that helps

5. JA1234

JA1234 Well-Known Member

whoops... I type slow lol

6. zilcher

zilcher New Member

Is there a way to remove a custom ringtone from an individual contact?