Ringtones from SD cardSupport

Last Updated: 2012-01-19 03:07:30
  1. jabtas

jabtas Well-Known Member

Just recievd a call from my other half, and for some strange reason the ringtone was just a regular one from the ready loaded Android set, not the usual MP3 track I have set-up for her
    :confused::confused::confused:

Upon further investigation, I realised that the phone was plugged into the USB lead on my computer and as such disables access to th SD card from the G1

So remember if you are using a ringtone on the SD card, it wont work while attached to USB
    :(

Advertisement
  2. JackD3ath

JackD3ath Member

You can also make your songs appear in the ringtone select menu by creating a "ringtones" folder in your music folder on your card it also works for "notifications" "alarms" so you can select your songs from the alarm tones list, they must be in the music folder on your sd card
  3. Ageless Stranger

Ageless Stranger Well-Known Member

Top tip there Jack thanks :)
  4. JackD3ath

JackD3ath Member

I happened to find it on accident and hadnt seen any other posts. It is cool though. It makes it alot easier to select ringers and I need more than 7 alarm sounds.
  5. Ageless Stranger

The default alarms do suck big time, I do use ringdroid though to cut up mp3s into manageable ringtones
  6. JackD3ath

JackD3ath Member

I think Ill try it, I always just use Audition. So neat having a computer for a phone. Cant wait til they get really powerful! Ten years from now. XD
  7. Ageless Stranger

Audition rocks, I remember when that was called Cool edit pro.
  8. Ageless Stranger

Although in the open source spirit of things I normally recommend audacity for editing audio files
  9. Ageless Stranger

Bit geeky I know but thanks to your tip I have the yoda "get out of bed you must, or late you will be" alarm :)

</geek mode>
  10. SoreRunner

SoreRunner New Member

Ok, this tip is a no go for me...please explain...

USB connected to phone...folder window open...right click in window...new folder on sd card...right click folder...rename...copy and paste what you typed above...copy and paste all music files I would like, but for now just one mp3...unplugged from USB...go to sound and display...tap on phone ringtone...all normal, none of mine...???
  11. Ebanga

Ebanga New Member

didnt work for me :(
  12. SoreRunner

SoreRunner New Member

Download ringdroid and this will work.
  13. HTC

HTC Well-Known Member

there is no such thing as a phone in 10 years.. they're called holographic communicators. get with the program gramps.
  14. JackD3ath

JackD3ath Member

The folder structure is important

On root of sdcard you must create a "music" folder, then the "alarm", "notifications", and "ringtones" folders must be in the music folder for it to work. i dont know why, but that is the way it is

@ HTC: Yeah right?! I am getting old, XD!
  15. dgogoasa

dgogoasa New Member

Even if it is HTC the OS version is important: HTC Desire (froyo) - click to zoom

Attached Files:

16. sparafucile

sparafucile Member

This is an outstanding feature, until you try to upgrade your SD card. I copied all my files, including my ringtone folder. When done, all my ringtone (and alarm and notification) assignments went haywire. None of them pointed to the tracks they used to....