Ringtones keep changing uncommanded - LG EsteemGeneral

1. Jayplac

Jayplac Active Member

My notification and general ringtones keep jumping from one tone to another. I will put them back and it will last a couple of days, and then they jump. Has anyone come across this or know how to fix it?

Advertisement
    :
  2. dulal18

dulal18 Well-Known Member

Hi, I have face this issues many time as well it happens when you use the phone in mass storage mode and the phone cant access the ringtone file, therefore assigning a default one. One fix I have found for my self is that if your rooted to move those ringtone/notfication sound file in your system directory and that way it will never change again unless commanded because system isn't mounted by the Computer, please try this if you are rooted.
    Jayplac likes this.
  3. Pappy62

Pappy62 Well-Known Member

I've had this issue several times as well. After figuring out what was happening (mass storage mode), I moved the ringtones/notifications sounds to the system directory.
    That worked... for a bit. Then it happened again.
    Strange thing is, after moving them into the system, I deleted them from the SD(where they were at first) so I could make sure the idea worked. And it did.

But since then, I have tried sticking with the stock ringtones that came with the ROM, and it will still change them sometimes after using mass storage. And it did this before root with the stock LG ROM too... is this a known bug with the Esteem, or is it just my phone?
  4. MetroPOS

MetroPOS Well-Known Member

You don't need to be rooted to fix this problem. Try searching this forum for the answer, it's here
  5. Itachii

Itachii Active Member

I'm trying to install Rootexplorer on my LG esteem after flashing it but I am not seeing it in app drawer or anywhere, even though its installed. All other apps install correctly. Also had a bug where the clock settings give a force close.