Ringtones/MusicSupport

Last Updated:

1. straberiwine

straberiwine Member This Topic's Starter

Has anybody successfully used an MP3 or other music file as a ringtone? I've tried to follow the directions (open music player, tap and hold title of song, etc) but it doesn't give me the option to set as ringtone. Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. marvin02

marvin02 Well-Known Member

The app Rings Extended will allow you to set an MP3 as a ringtone.

After installing it when you use the overall phone settings to set the default rington or set a custom ringtone per contact when editing that persons contact info you will get an application chooser popup that ask if you want to use the Android System or Rings Extended to set the ringtone. You can check 'Use by default ..' in this window if you wnat to always use Rings Extended.

You still can't set a song as ringtone while in the stock music application.

3. james27007

james27007 Look into my Eye VIP Member

Ringdroid also works well; plus it will chop the file down to a smaller size; that way it does not take up too much room.

4. straberiwine

Thanks! I used Ringdroid (b/c it was free and the other wasn't) and it works great! Thanks!

5. marvin02

6. kxr1der

kxr1der New Member

If you dont want to install any apps just create a folder called "ringtones" (without the quotes) inside the media folder on your SD card. Put and songs in there that you want to use as a ringtone, note that they wont show up in the media player anymore so if you want them in both places you need two copies of the mp3

7. straberiwine

I'm trying that link to Rings Extended. Thanks for the update.

8. jessie11

jessie11 New Member

I have an AT&T Motorola Backflip and have heard of the rings extended . I want to download it but where can i find it in the market on phone i tryed looking , i no that they say there is no icon for it and wont show up as an app so where is it please help me i really want this app and dont want ringdroid.

9. marvin02

If you have a barcode scanner installed you can scan the barcode from here to install Rings Extended.

I find searching Androlib can be easier than searching the market.

jessie11 likes this.
  10. stangri

stangri Member

I just put my mp3s into sdcard/media/audio/ringtones/ and I can select them for ringtones without any other app.

jessie11 likes this.
  11. jessie11

jessie11 New Member

thanks stangri i did the same but not all my music i had on the sdcard/media/audio/ringtones/ i could select as ringtones which sucked aww man but they show up in music though so i can play music. I like to take my music then add setain songs to my contacts so i no whos calling. thanks for the help though.

12. jessie11

jessie11 New Member

tryed to scan code for rings extended code to download it but it says website not found so i can not download it and i dont see it in the Backflip market either, does anyone no why that is. Has anyone had this problem . any help or advice would be appericiated . thanks.

13. marvin02

14. jessie11

jessie11 New Member

How do i download rings extended 1.1 im kind of lost. Is it supposed to download on its own from the site or something then from my computer i put it on my phone.