Ringtones on internal memory?

Last Updated:

1. ExcessiveIdling

ExcessiveIdling Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have a rooted droid eris runnin kaosfroyo v30 and was curious as to if the ringtones I currently have on my sd card could be put in the /system/media/ringtones folder (or whatever the folder may be). I know awhile ago I removed/deleted the default ringtones in that folder after remounting via adb and the phone didn't like that one bit (aka fc and such). Can I simply dump my mp3 ringtones into that directy and wham bam thank you mam? or must I change the format to ogg (like the default ones) and/or rename them to the same name as one in there?

Advertisement
  2. copestag

copestag Well-Known Member

a better question is why on earth would you want to?

3. ExcessiveIdling

two fold reason actually...1 would be so if I were to remove my sd card the ringtone would not change. 2. I'm trying to find out why some of my notifications/ringtones would fade in as opposed to be loud right off the bat....figured maybe being on the sd card there would be a delay perhaps.

I did manage to move my ringtones to the system/media/audio/ringtones just fine and they were detected......however there still is an occasional fade in issue...boo

4. hoovnick

hoovnick Member

Where you able to leave your ringtones in mp3 format or did you have to put them in ogg format?

5. ExcessiveIdling

left them in mp3...found em just fine

6. IzelTokatl

IzelTokatl Well-Known Member

I was planning on doing this, I pulled OGG and other ringtones from several rom files.... and delete all I dont like and kept all I do like. I'll be transferring them to my active rom :)

glad to know it finds whatever is in the folder.