Ringtones Won't Work?Support

Last Updated:

1. freetoride78

freetoride78 Member This Topic's Starter

I downloaded mabilo ring tones and also tried ringlert. I download a ring tone set it to default and when someone calls I get nothing. I used both before on my eris with no problem but they do not seem to work on my EVO. Any thoughts as to why and a fix for this would be great!! Thank you and I do have stock 2.2 with no root.

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Maybe try manually putting the ringtone on your sd card and assigning it, or just try another ringtone app.

3. Syphon

Syphon Well-Known Member

Same issue here. It works if you assign the ringtone to a specific person, just not if you set it as a default ringtone. Very annoying.

4. Syphon

Syphon Well-Known Member

Found a work around. In Mabilo instead of hitting "Set As" hit "Edit". Once in the Edit screen...do any editing you want to do ...or just keep it like it is. Then Just hit the Save and Set As button and it will ask you what it is. Select Ringtone it will give you a name...call it what you want or leave the default name. After you done there it will save it then it will popup asking you if you want to set it as a ringtone....cancel out of this and do not set it from there.

Now goto your settings->sounds and then goto phone ringtone...you should see your saved ringtone in the list....

Its longer process but only too me a minute to do...

5. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

you might also check into zedge...and ringdroid. i have had no issues making and downloading ringers with either of those

6. link5150

link5150 New Member

I have the same problem with my DROID, but when I edit the ringtones it screws them up. I just had to link my phone to my computer and manually copy and paste my ringtones into the ringtone folder. Its very annoying and I just wish that it would work the way its supposed to..

7. jamesdean

jamesdean Well-Known Member

+1