RingtonesSupport

Last Updated:

1. Strings

Strings Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all.

Wife just got a Mesmerize, but can't figure out how to set custom ringtones for individual contacts. I tried figuring it out: seems to be a different setup than my Desire.

Help?

Advertisement
  2. dukeofbluz

dukeofbluz Well-Known Member

Go to the contact, then the menu button, then edit, ringtone

3. Strings

Nope: no selection for "ringtone" under the contact. Next suggestion?

4. Special_opps

Special_opps Member

I read the app ringdroid will do it. I did not go that route. I sync my contacts through google. I noticed that i could not assign individual ring tones, what i did was recreate the contacts for the few people which i wanted to have ring tones for; under the group tab, that are classified as "Not Assigned". When i go into the Not Assigned Group, the option to add a specific ring tone, does show up. The contact manager within the phone syncs them up and their individual ring tones work. I only had four people to do that to, so it wasn't a big deal to me. Hope this makes sense. :D

5. LaTuFu

LaTuFu Well-Known Member Contributor

iirc, you can't assign ringtones for google contacts, only phone contacts.

6. Strings

Ok... the problem is, there's no option to assign a ringtone under contacts ANYWHERE.

It's like her contacts list is missing that option...

7. Special_opps

Special_opps Member

you will have to create a contact within the phone in order to get the ring tone option. google contact created on the puter will not allow for custom ring tone. just create another contact for the same person and keep it not assigned. the new contact you create with the phone will have the option for custom ring tone.

8. LaTuFu

LaTuFu Well-Known Member Contributor

This is how I resolved the problem:

I went to my PC and exported all of my contacts from my Google account as a .csv file. I then imported that file to my SD card on my phone.

Go into your contacts app on your phone, hit the menu button, then the "more" option and select "import/export" and import from the SD card. Create the account under your Phone, not one of your Google accounts.

You can then go to any of the phone contacts and add a custom ringtone to them.

9. Special_opps

Special_opps Member

Click on contact. Menu/edit. 2 tabs at the top. One on the left says google. one on the right says not assigned. Select not assigned, scroll down, select ring tone. Latufu has a good concept if you wanna edit alot of contacts.

10. Strings

Problem is almost her entire contact list is "Google". We'll try LaTuFu's suggestion tonight...

11. impact87

impact87 New Member

good tip LaTuFu..

You can also export the contacts to your memory card, then when you IMPORT them back it will ask you if you want to save them as phone contacts...

export to sd card> then delete all your contatds > them import your contacts back to phone

Mackfini likes this.
  12. marvin02

marvin02 Well-Known Member

For those who want to have custom ringtones and notification tones Ringo Lite works.

13. benh53566

benh53566 New Member

You can to use custom ringtones for google contacts. i do all the tiem. make sure you save your ringtones to the correct folder.
    its in my files go to
    media/audio and save into the ringtone or notification folders