ringtones

Last Updated:

1. simonhalee2

simonhalee2 New Member This Topic's Starter

I have downloaded three ringtones and none of them currently play what they are supposed to. They play a default tone whether they are set as the ringer or if they are selected directly from the ringtone list. How can I fix this?

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

You really need to be more specific. Where did you get the ringtones? Where did you put them on your sd card? How are you trying to assign them? what are you trying to assign them to? What do you mean they "dont play what they are supposed to"?

3. CptGemini

CptGemini Well-Known Member

I think i know what you're talking about. There is a certain folder structure you need for the android OS to pick up custom ringtones and notification tones.

It goes as follows:

media/audio/ringtones (This one is for ringtones)
    media/audio/notifications (This one is for notifications)

Setup the folders like that and you will be able to see your custom ringtones in the list. I have attached a couple of screenshots to show you exactly how it needs to be in order to work.

Attached Files:

4. Stuntman

Stuntman Well-Known Member

I have found that in the list of ringtones, there is a button at the top that says <Add a Ringtone>. Select it and then you can go to the location of your ring tone and select the sound file. Then when you go back to the list of ring tones, the new ring tone you added will be there. Then you can choose to use that ring tone.

5. lordofthereef

lordofthereef Well-Known Member

To the OP,
    It sounds like you are actually able to get as far as selecting that ringtone and assigning it to the contact. Am I correct in this? If so, it shouldn't be a matter of location at all (since the OS is finding the ringtone and setting it to begin with). Are you able to actually listen to the ringtone when you click on it (does it atually give you an audible sample)?

6. sixtythree

sixtythree Well-Known Member

d/l ringtone light

7. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Ringtones or notifications? If it's the latter, which app(s)? Where are you specifying the tones?

It's the folder names, not the folder structure. E.g. my Ringtones and Notifications folders are not under an Audio folder.

However, the OP seems to indicate that he can pick ringtones, just his settings are not respected.

8. Stuntman

Stuntman Well-Known Member

I don't select different ring tones for different contacts. I just notice that in the list of ring tones, you need to actually add custom ring tones to the list before you can select the ring tone.

Once you added the ring tone to the list, when you select the ring tone, it will play it. You can then select others and it will play those. It will save it only when you tap on <Apply>.