Ringtones???Support

Last Updated: 2012-06-21 15:35:19
  1. BigStrutter

BigStrutter New Member

I can't seem to figure out how to save a sound that someone sends me as a ringtone or even just to the SD card. Heck, I don't even know if this is an option with this phone. This is my first droid phone ever. Also how do you save pics from messages? Last, what app is the best for current music ringtones? I refuse to pay Verizon $3 for a ringtone. Thanks in advance for all the help.

Ned

Advertisement
  2. xero287

xero287 Member

Just get the Zedge App.
  3. toobizzee

toobizzee New Member

I made the ringtones on my computer with freeware and emailed to my phone on my gmail account. Saved the file as a ringtone and it worked. My first technological challenge completed (big step for me).
  4. Ben.dudek578

Ben.dudek578 New Member

i have the G'zOne commando and i downloaded the zedge app and i downloaded some ringtones, they showed up in the list of tones and i tried to set the ringtones i downloaded as my ringtone but it won't allow me to change my ringtone.
  5. space wrangler

space wrangler Well-Known Member

Another thing with ringtones. Create folders on your SD card as follows. "ringtones", notifications", and/or "alarms". You can then move imported sounds to these folders, unmount, and then remount your SD, and the sounds will then show up and be usable as tones for these alerts. No app needed.
    egDonald likes this.
  6. cbreze

cbreze Well-Known Member

I get mine at crackberry LOL. Over a thousand or so there. using ringdroid app they install easy.
  7. egDonald

egDonald Well-Known Member

this works for me!
    Althought... I'm using a Motorola Atrix 4G (ATT, USA) un-rooted, this worked fine for me.

To "remount" your SD (depending on how you access your phone/sd memory), simply power off and power back on.

My atrix un-mounts the SD card when i plug the atrix in to my PC via USB, and then re-mounts the SD when I disconnect the PC-atrix USB connection, so no need to power cycle to remount the SD. :cool:
  8. space wrangler

space wrangler Well-Known Member

Or go to Menu>Settings>SD card & phone storage>Unmount SD card , then remount SD card.
  9. ChadWilliam1

ChadWilliam1 Well-Known Member

If I change the message tone either using Zedge or through the android settings it always goes back to the motorcycle sound.
    Dwat likes this.
  10. Dwat

Dwat New Member

what is the fix for this my cammando also wont switch notification sound just that annoying motorcycle
  11. Agalisgv

Agalisgv New Member

I had the same problem. I had to change the notification sound in messaging as well as notifications in settings. I just opened the messaging app, then the line icon on the bottom left, then settings, then select ringtone. That fixed it for me. :) hth
  12. Agalisgv

Agalisgv New Member

I do have a question though, I copied my ringtone files from my Casio Brigade to the ringtones folder for my Commando and when I use them you can hardly hear them even with the volume all the way up. Is there a way to fix that or do I need to remake them entirely?

*Nvm I figured it out. :)