Ringtones

Last Updated:

1. BigMace23

BigMace23 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey everyone...
    What ringtones are you guys using on your droid? I know the DRRROOOOIIIDDD sound is awesome, but I was looking for some new ringtones and jut wondered what everybody was using for calls and notification ringtones

Advertisement
  2. thrifty

thrifty Well-Known Member

I'm using the theme from Halloween...

Myers is comming for ya...:eek:

3. tonloc_45371

tonloc_45371 Active Member

I would suggest you down the free app ringdroid. It allows you to use any song or sound file on your phone and turn it into a ring tone. The good thing is you can set what portion of the song you want for the ring tone. It has slider bars that allow you to set the start and finish points and then save. Pretty cool App..

4. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

I'm still using the default DROOOOOOID sound and the ridiculous industrial-pop ringtone. I don't know why but their hilarity grew on me.

5. Heide264

Heide264 Active Member

Captains log for notifications and the such. I thought the DRRRROOOOOIDD sound was annoying and eventually my roomies started yelling until I finally changed it.

Ringer wise, I downloaded ringdroid or whatever it is and made one up off the main section of black hole sun by soundgarden - actually probably my favorite ringer yet and was just playing around with ringdroid (which is awfully slick by the way)

6. nonie3234

nonie3234 Well-Known Member

7. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Well-Known Member

I have some cool notification tones like "The Yankees win! Theeeeeeeeeeeee Yankees win!!" and from the movie Madagascar, "All hail, the New York Giants! NEW YORK GIANTS!!!" I also have from Anchorman, "I don't know how to put this, but...I'm kind of a big deal." And Stewie's, "I'd love to stay and chat, but you're a total b!tch." There's also Carlos Mencia's, "De de deeee" and the Jackass theme. But my favorite is "Dddrrroooiiiddd!!!" It's just perfect.

I have tons of ringtones for just about everyone. My main tone is Muse's "Uprising". I use Soulja Boy's, "Kiss Me Through the Phone" for the girlie. Jay-Z's "Empire State of Mind" is for my fellow Giants and Yankees fans. And every holiday I change them for all up.

8. BigMace23

Yeah I have had ringdroid for a while now... I was just wondering what actual ringtones everyone is using

9. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

For notifications I'm still using DROOOOOIIIIIIIID, it hasn't gotten old yet.
    For my 'main' ringtone I am using the end/last 40 or so seconds of "Are Friends Electric" by Gary Numan...something fitting about that for an android phone. He has many good android type songs :)
    (there, I admitted it, I am one of the few die hard Gary Numan fans :D )

10. DaygosDankest

DaygosDankest Well-Known Member

"DAYMAN!! aaahhhAAAHHH!! FIGHTER OF THE NIGHTMAN!! aaahhhAAAHHH!! etc"

11. DaygosDankest

DaygosDankest Well-Known Member

its never worked for me, its always slowed down the audio

12. jennyloca715

jennyloca715 Well-Known Member

Paramore Misery bussiness mmmm used to have "please don't leave me" P!NK I have mabilo ringtones today i'm changing it to something else let's see what I can find....

13. BigMace23

Found the ringtone from the movie crank... thats pretty cool. Also found the ctu ringtone from the show 24... cool too, but idk if i can stop using the DDDRRROOOIIIDDD ringtone for notifications

14. ampersand

ampersand Member

I put a bunch of songs on my SD card and use those as ringtones. I also assigned different ones to different people. My favorites include "Dude Ranch Nurse" by Sonic Youth and "Trance 5 (cont.)" by Michael Gordon. And I use the DDDRRROOIIIIDDDD ringtone for texts, etc.

15. Flahusky

Flahusky Well-Known Member

I'm lazy, audiko.com

16. Watashi

Watashi Well-Known Member

Drroooiiiiddd for notifications and email and Surfin Bird for calls...

Bi Bi Biird bird bird, bird is the word :)

17. Jerm13

Jerm13 Well-Known Member

The Imperial March for phone calls, some R2D2 beep boops for text messages. Still looking for a custom E-mail sound, something unobtrusive, think it's Captain's Log right now.

18. Blank 26x

Blank 26x Member

I've used RingDroid for all of my ringtones. I'm currently using "Tie Me Down" by New Boyz as my current ringtone.

As for text messages, I cut out a snippet of a song saying, "I get money; money I got".

19. Mr. Yuck

Mr. Yuck Active Member

I have my entire iTunes library on my phone, so I've used Ringdroid to make my own ringtones and assign different tones for friends and family.
    For texts I've downloaded several Dave Chappelle soundboards and rotate out the tones as I get tired of them. Currently I'm using Lil Jon..."Yeeeahhhhh!"

20. SinfulDragon

SinfulDragon Well-Known Member

stupid question time.

I have used the ddrrooidd for all notifications since getting the phone, well I know how to change the ringtone per contact but when I try to change it for say google talk, none of my custom ringtones are in the list,.,.,.,. what gives?

21. holmgren

holmgren Well-Known Member

For my ringtone I have the Geico commercial..I alllllways feel like somebody's waaaatchin meee.

And for texts I use Stong Bad from Homestar Runner saying MMMMMM Hot Pockets