ringtones.Support

1. ripjack13

ripjack13 Member

i have a bunch of questions for you all, as i am new to this smart phone stuff....

....thanx in advance.

i can't seem to download any ringtones from phone zoo. (i have zedge, but i was just trying to download my tones i had saved there, that were not on my card.) when i sent them to my phone, the link brought me to the verizon home page. that happens with a the rest of the ones i tried as well.

the ones i have saved on my card are nowhere to be found. i was looking around for them and i had to add an app for it. (handcent) and then i could customize my contacts.

how do i send a ringtone to someone? i tried to send one with a pic, but i couldn't find the spot to add a tone anywhere. even on the handcent app i could not find the area to send a tone...

thank you again..
    ripjack

Advertisement
    :
  2. cbreze

cbreze Well-Known Member

Just a suggestion as here is what I do, Being a member of "crackberry" forums I utilize their very large selection of ringtones. Sign up, and download away. Use either ringdroid or ringtone maker both free apps on the market to customize as you wish. The ringtones are free to members so be a member and no worries. I used them on my bold and found they work easily on my commando.
  3. ripjack13

ripjack13 Member

i"ll try it out. but i still need an answer, though. thanx.
  4. ripjack13

ripjack13 Member

ok.. i found the place to add tones. in the handcent. my brother walked me through it. however, it takes forever to send a picture. using wi fi with 2 bars. and same for 3g. however i need to check the number of bars i have next time.
  5. Are you saying that you have ringtones on your SD card, but can't access them?

One of my first things to do when I got my commando last week was try and get my custom made ringtones into my phone. I originally sent them to my phone through email. Just email them to your phone from your computer

Example: 5552223333@vzwpix.com

Save the attached ringtone.....mine default saved to the download folder on the SD card.

Then I went to my "music" icon and it showed up in the list. press and hold the ringtone name and that brings up a menu which allows you to save the 'song' as a ringtone.

Hope this helps.
    ripjack13 likes this.
  6. ripjack13

ripjack13 Member

done. thank you.