RingtonesGeneral

Last Updated:

1. zetroc

zetroc Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

How or where should I store mp3 files that I want to use as ringtones, but don't necessarily want in my music library? I know you use the Music app to set a ringtone, but it only shows the files in the MP3 folder... I added a "Ringtones" folder, but I guess it's not reading it...

Advertisement
  2. eleazar

eleazar Well-Known Member

I was wondering this too. I want to make sure my ringtones don't get added to my music library. When I had a Droid for a few days I couldn't figure out how to do it but I'm sure it can be done...right?

3. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

Usually it would be in your internal memory or sdcard, I do mine like this /media/audio/ringtones.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

4. answerman

answerman Well-Known Member

That's what worked for me. Didn't even need to open the Music app or mess with the library at all.

Plus, I was able to add a custom SMS notification tone by putting it in /media/audio/notifications. This was discussed in another thread... I'm just passing it on.

TzuDohNihm likes this.
  5. incredible_addict

incredible_addict Well-Known Member

Okay.. I am confused. I have ringtones that I created and e-mailed them to myself to put on my blackberry. I can access the e-mail from the incredible but I cant figure out how to move them to the sd card... no options other than to play them. ???

6. moutaindewdope

moutaindewdope Well-Known Member

Just mount the Incredible to your computer select Disk-Drive, and then create /media/audio/ringtones folders in either of the drives that pop up.

Drag the MP3 into /media/audio/ringtones and ur done. No Email required lol

This aint ur ordinary Dumphones, Open Source FTW

7. TzuDohNihm

TzuDohNihm Well-Known Member

Please tell me this would allow the HTC Messages App to read a ringtone I want as a text message ringtone?

I would also like to make the notification different for text vs. picture messages.

*EDIT* And does this allow the individual contacts to read from here? I have some set already but those files are being read from the library right now obviously.

8. Flyguy94

Flyguy94 Well-Known Member

Coming from widows mobile and I got the ringtones changed but can't figure out the text or email notification sounds. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

9. bryn987

bryn987 Well-Known Member

ya, would be nice if they had the folders already created.

Anyone know where the bookmarks are stored?

10. Crashumbc

Crashumbc Well-Known Member

^^ this, I found out where the "default" ringtone was set, but can't figure out how to set them for individual contacts? do you need a app to do that ?

11. tremdaniel

tremdaniel Member

You can also use an app called RingDroid(Free app); which will allow you to create ringtones and notifications from your phone. It's user friendly and very simple.

12. dalumberjack

dalumberjack Well-Known Member

I think my phone has issues as my wifes incredible doesn't have my problem:

I set custom ringtones (mp3 or made by ringdroid) for certian people. When ever they call my default ring tone always plays. I can't figure out why it wont play the one that is selected under the contact. My wifes is set up jsut like mine and her has no issues. Plays ring tones per the contact.

any ideas?

Very odd thing is that if I pull the battery and reset, then the ring tones work. But some where during the day they will just stop.....

13. dylo22

dylo22 Well-Known Member

I don't know the solution to this, but just a thought...do you have some kind of auto task killer that may have killed a background processes? Or perhaps you installed a third party app that may have messed with this function. I know you said you had the exact setup as you wife, but does that include apps also?

14. dalumberjack

dalumberjack Well-Known Member

I do have that advanced task killer app.

I tried the ring tones with out killing any apps (after pulling battery) and they worked. I then killed all processes and they still worked. Ill check back in tonight as i have a feeling in a few hours all of a sudden they will stop working again.

15. Flaring Afro

Flaring Afro Well-Known Member

BUT you have to unplug your phone from your computer before it can be read. Apparently, when you mount the cell's drives onto the computer the cell cannot read them anymore. I spent 20 minutes trying to figure it out today when I realized that was the problem. :mad:

16. jamesdean

jamesdean Well-Known Member

Try Zedge from the market.

17. TzuDohNihm

TzuDohNihm Well-Known Member

BLESS YOU SON!!! MAY GOD SHINE HIS FAVOR UPON YOU FOREVER AND EVER!!!!!!

You just made me keep this phone!!!!!!!!!!

Holy shit this open source stuff is freaking cool as hell.

NOW, is there anyway to differentiate the ringtone notification for pic vs. text?

18. mz_

mz_ Member

I'm creating some ringtones from MP3's, and was just wonder what the maximum length should be? I've read 15 and 30 seconds, what is the consensus here?

19. dubious_rascal

dubious_rascal New Member

So after messing around I think I might have it figured out. I uninstalled Task Manager and the ringtones started working. I reinstalled it and it is still working. Will keep checking to make sure this is a consistent solution and let you all know. Hope this works for others :)