RingtonesSupport

Last Updated:

1. Kelley

Kelley New Member This Topic's Starter

I assigned ringtones to a few family members. They are labeled correctly in the contact list, but when they call me, it is my default ringtone. What am I doing wrong??

Advertisement
  2. mouse2146

mouse2146 Active Member

I am having the same problem. Hopefully someone can help both of us!

3. biohazdan

biohazdan Member

yep, i got the same problem going.

actually my problem was two fold. first the ringtones weren't staying assigned to the contacts after i rebooted. it was very annoying. so i used the fix that i found in this thread. it worked!!!!........well as far as keeping the ringtones assigned to my contacts. but now when someone calls, all i get is the default ringtone, but when i look the assigned ringtone is something different.:confused:

so if anyone has any experience with this super annoying problem, please post :(

4. emmalina

emmalina Well-Known Member

ok I had the same issue.....it is fixed BUT...I took a few steps and tried a few things....
    question for you first...
    did you guys have your contacts only organized in groups?or all under ppl and then put them in groups?
    did you sync or manually put them in?

5. emmalina

emmalina Well-Known Member

....didn't want to type everything I did...since I was playing around that day....but here it goes...maybe it helps...and you see why I asked those questions...

When I first got the INC, I received and made phone calls ...those contacts I added when I was asked if I want to add to contacts..assigned ringtones by clicking on the "edit contact" button I believe...

Ok, a few hrs later I synced all my contacts from my old phone and they appeared as a long list....then I thought...ok, lets assign them to groups.....so I did!

Later on after getting some ringtones downloaded from my old sd card...I wanted to assign them and it didn't work either...I was puzzled

went back to the first ones were it worked...and I was able to changed those with no problems to whichever ringtone I wanted ( have to add that they were assigned to groups as well)....

So I decided to start from scratch...and added one of the "synced" contacts through the "add contact button" (when you first open people).....manually....tried to assign ringtone....and it worked!!!!

well, long story short...I ended up manually adding my contacts....

still not sure why and what was wrong...and maybe it wasn't the easiest solution but it worked!!!

hope it helps!!!

well, so I