1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

RingtonesTips

Last Updated:

1. chukka63

chukka63 Well-Known Member

In the past i have successfully and unsuccessfully made my own ringtones via ringtone cutter apps.
    Since getting my replacement handset i can create a ringtone,assign it but it won't play.Instead i get a single note repeating.
    What am i doing wrong ?.

Advertisement
  2. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Copy the ringtone file to your computer and play it. I suspect you''ll get the same single note playing. I further suspect that whatever app you're using to make the ringtones is bad. (I use Audacity on a PC to cut and edit ringtones, and never have a problem.)
  3. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Well-Known Member Contributor

You have to lable a folder as ringtones on your external drive and put all made ringtones in this folder you will need a application such as.

com.hlidskialf.android.tonepicker.apk

This application will allow you to play thoes extra tones from that folder. These tones can be put as anything from ringtones to sms and alarm sounds . This can be done rooted or unrooted . Also you can delete those sounds and unwanted tones taking up so much space . Just make a backup just in case u need to return the device back to the company fro repairs or programs such as tmobile jump etc .
  4. angus242

angus242 Active Member

You need to have the file type be .ogg. To loop, you need to open the properties and in the file info create a field called ANDROID_LOOP and set value to "true".
  5. chukka63

I appreciate your replies but in the past ive never had to create files etc to make ringtones.I've just created them on ringtone cutter or MP3 cutter,well known , popular apps.

*edited*
    Just did the long reboot and edited my contacts and hey presto,the ringtones now work.No files just ringtone cutting
  6. mrsmumbles

mrsmumbles Well-Known Member

Hi chukka, what do you mean by long reboot and editing contacts?

1) did you just turn the phone off and on?

2) did you delete some contacts? Or change the names/numbers on contacts?

Thanks!
  7. chukka63

I hope that makes sense,im a bit of a technophobe
    mrsmumbles likes this.
  8. mrsmumbles

mrsmumbles Well-Known Member

Yes, thank you! I don't completely understand the holding the power and home button though since I've never tried that for anything yet. :thumbup::beer:
  9. angus242

angus242 Active Member

Just letting you know how Android expects the files to be. I didn't make it up, just passing along the info.

BTW, in the past I've been able to use mp3s without issue and sometimes not. It's been hit or miss for me. oog files always have worked.

Sounds like you got it working, glad to hear!