• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rintone and Notification Sounds Help

stricklerjosh

Nov 2, 2009
High Point, NC
Hey guys..first time posting.
I love my hero, but I really am a noob when it comes to all of this. I used to just used Myxer and Phonezoo to get my ringtones.
1. Can someone post a walkthrough to get new ringtones onto the Sprint HTC Hero?
2. Can you get tones through Myxer still with the Hero?
3. Also is there a way to have different notification sounds for txt, emails and voicemails?
I really appreciate reading everyone's input on all of these topics and they have really helped me out.
-strick

Update...figured out a much easier way...after I did some searching and figured out how to add the folders I started using phonezoo and just saving the files on my computer and then transfering that way. Also using Ringdroid works to create some from music already on my hero.
Thanks!

Hey guys..first time posting.
I love my hero, but I really am a noob when it comes to all of this. I used to just used Myxer and Phonezoo to get my ringtones.
1. Can someone post a walkthrough to get new ringtones onto the Sprint HTC Hero?
2. Can you get tones through Myxer still with the Hero?
3. Also is there a way to have different notification sounds for txt, emails and voicemails?
I really appreciate reading everyone's input on all of these topics and they have really helped me out.
-strick

Update...figured out a much easier way...after I did some searching and figured out how to add the folders I started using phonezoo and just saving the files on my computer and then transfering that way. Also using Ringdroid works to create some from music already on my hero.
Thanks!
1. There are two ways really. Both involve having mp3s on your phone. You can use the built in ringtone trimmer, or you can download Ringdroid from Market. Both will allow you to pick any mp3 you have and clip it to use as a ring tone. Say goodbye to Mixxer.

2. You could, but why would you bother since this way is so much easier.

3. I cant remember.

Upvote 0
Related question for you all....

I have a mp3 ringtone that I want to put on my phone. Now if I wanted to make it a notification sound, I already found out how to do that, I just connect it via USB and goto media\audio\notifications and drop the file in there. How do I do it if I want it as a ringtone. In the Audio folder I only have notifications folder and no other folders in there. Thanks all.

Upvote 0
Does anyone know of a way to have different notification sounds for email txt and voicemail?

yes if you use 3rd party apps such as gmail, and handcent, they have individual notification sounds.

You should have no problem getting ringtones from Myxer, that is where I store the ones I and a friend have made.

I have an app called Tone Picker that lets you use sound files as ring tones and notification sounds out of the download folder.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones