• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

RIP Neil Armstrong :(

Definitely way too young to have seen this live, but growing up and hearing the stories was so fascinating. He'll certainly be remembered as such an American hero.
Neil deGrasse Tyson (among many others, but he's quite vocal) is doing his best to keep the space program alive and I look forward to what it can accomplish in the future.

Upvote 0
I was almost 5 years old when my parents got me out of bed just before 10pm CDT on July 20th, 1969 to watch Neil Armstrong's first step on the moon. Of course at the time I didn't fully realize the importance of the event I shared with the estimated 600 million other people worldwide, but I have never forgotten it. I still have the memory of sitting in the middle of the floor in the darkened living room with the fuzzy b/w image coming from a quarter of a million miles away displayed on the television. I have always been grateful to my parents for having the foresight to know this was a monumental event in human history and that it shouldn't be missed by their children. We have lost a pioneer in human exploration, who will be missed.

Neil deGrasse Tyson ...
NDT is a rock star in the science world in my personal opinion. I love watching him talk. You can see his passion for science in everything he comments on. His passion is contagious and I am happy that there is someone out there to pass that on to today's generation.

Reactions: 9to5cynic
Upvote 0
I grew up in Orlando area, close enough to see the shuttle launches, and when my dad worked at Kennedy Space Center for a few years, even got to go to the "Causeway" to watch a few launches up close and personal." There is not one event that inspired me and my career path more that watching a shuttle launch. I wish I had been alive for the Apollo missions, because it was the glamour days for my profession.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones