Ripping dvds using handbrake 0.93

Last Updated:

1. MonmouthDroid

MonmouthDroid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok I am using handbrake to rip dvds to mp4 to put on my droid. I have it at 1500kbps 24fps video and AAC audio at 160kbps. I have the resolution set to 854x480. Ripping Iron Man is taking me like 3 or more hours to rip. I got it to rip in less time once and it was super pixilated and green and choppy. AM i doing something wrong or does ripping a movie take a long time to rip a movie at a viewable quality?

Advertisement
  2. MonmouthDroid

Ok, the settings I just posted don't work at all. The picture is terrible, like you cant use it at all, the audio is also terrible. Anybody have any settings that work?

3. thegreen

thegreen Well-Known Member

There are a couple of threads discussing ongoing tests for this topic in the how-to/tips section of the Droid forum.

4. MonmouthDroid

I read some of them. None seemed to address this question, so i started a new one. But i figured it out anyway.

5. larryc23

larryc23 New Member

MonmouthDroid,

Can you share how you fixed it?

6. MonmouthDroid

In handbrake 0.93 they removed the decrypting abilities so you need to download a seperate encryption breaking software. I downloaded dvd43 I think it is called (I'll check when. I get home). It run in the background and automatically breaks the encryption on any DVD you put in, so there are no extra steps. Just download dvd43 and use handbrake as normal

7. larryc23

larryc23 New Member

Thanks for the quick response. So, the settings you referenced earlier were usable?

Ok I am using handbrake to rip dvds to mp4 to put on my droid. I have it at 1500kbps 24fps video and AAC audio at 160kbps. I have the resolution set to 854x480.

Thanks, again.

8. MonmouthDroid

Yes but change the 854 to 848. And don't use Motorola media sync, it downscales the quality. Just drag the file anywhere on your SD card (I use a folder I made called videos) and your gallery app will find the file