Riptide9 Theme Help

Last Updated:

1. EvoWalkman

EvoWalkman Active Member This Topic's Starter

I just rooted my EVO and am still picking up on how things work. I stumbled upon a forum on XDA that has a cool theme called riptide9. To me it seems like every piece of the EVO (clock, lockscreen, signalbar) is customizable. My question here is how do I go about making a custom theme and apply it. I thought that if I put each piece in the root file of my SD card unzipped and go to the restore menu and tell it to unzip that might work, but it says no file once in the system and META-INF file. My logic was wrong for this approach. Can anyone help me on how to build my own custom sceeen with the parts out of the link below.

[THEME] Update 10-3 [NEW ADDONS] FROYO2.2 Riptide9's ColorNClear, White, or Glass - xda-developers

Thank you

Advertisement
  2. exBBuser

exBBuser Well-Known Member

When you say restore menu,what are you referring to? Recovery Mode? This are flashable zips meant to be flash from within recovery just like you flash a ROM or a Kernel.

3. Putty

Putty Well-Known Member

Good theme..I used it when on Sense.

4. EvoWalkman

OK, so i put it on my SD card zipped, go into recovery mode, go to install zip from sdcard, choose zip from sdcard, find the file, and it should work? I guess my problem was I was unzipping them.I will try this now. Is this how I do custom ROMS without using rom manager? Do I wipe all data before I install a custom ROM?

5. exBBuser

exBBuser Well-Known Member

Yes.

6. EvoWalkman

Thanks a lot. I've been playing around with this all day. Does anyone know where I can get just a clear taskbar zip?