Risk of waiting?

Last Updated:

1. gsxr600

gsxr600 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I've had a really hard time getting my hands on this phone. Woke up at 5 am yesterday and got ready to leave and wait...car wouldn't start (still wont.) Try to get my motorcycle to go ride and I'm out of gas. I finally get a truck to borrow and I get up there at 9:45, sign in, wait, they run out after telling me they had plenty for well into the afternoon.
    I had to drive an hour to a verizon store and I would have to do this again with a 13mpg truck (possibly repeatedly, and I cant use it today) or a bike in Florida (70% chance of thunderstorms today, looks cloudy out already)

I need to return my droid within 30 days to get this droid X and this is now day 16. Can't really send it in and go without a phone for a week, so I need to get one as I walk into a store.

Is it worth the risk to wait another 10 days? Because if i can't get one within a few days of the 23rd I won't be getting one at all.

What should I do? I tried to reserve one from the next incoming shipment but was told no.

Advertisement
  2. pjsockett

pjsockett Well-Known Member

According to Boy Genius, the sell out is just for online. They say the stores should be getting more before then.

3. gsxr600

Okay thanks, I sure hope so. I'm pretty much SOL on transportation for a few days (as far as carrying an oversized fedex box for return is concerning anyway)

4. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

local VZW store said they would have more by the 19th

5. gsxr600

Happy update! Though my verizon store in panama city sold out within an hour, the one closest to me (albeit it a LOT smaller) had actually 16 left out of 30 they received yesterday. I had to go through a lot of crap because the smaller store didnt know how to take returns from items bought on line (They do now though! :D ) but I officially have my droid x in my ownership. I'm happy.

6. 1up5dn

1up5dn Well-Known Member Contributor

Congrats! Welcome to the Droid -> Droid X owners club!

7. gsxr600

Thank you. I'm excited. Already love it way more than D1. I never used the physical keyboard anyway. lol