1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

River Blast

Last Updated:

1. Essex

Essex Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Here's another Android gem. "River Blast" is a great game that seems to have gotten buried in the Market. In this game, you use simple gestures to navigate down (or up) a river. The graphics are crisp, the physics are believable, the control is deceptively simple, and the online global leaderboards will keep you coming back for more as you attempt to beat the best times. The rivers themselves pose unique challenges as no two rivers are alike, and the sounds are quite immersive and soothing (IMO).

I've had this game for a minute (and still hold a couple of records), and I enjoy playing from time to time. I hope you all enjoy "River Blast" as much as I do! Use your Android (2.2) phone to open this link to "River Blast" in the Market:

http://market.android.com/search?q=pname:com.littlekillerz.RiverBlast

**Note: The link above is not viewable from a desktop or laptop computer. If you don't have 2.2 (Froyo) on your phone and/or the link above doesn't work, just search for "River Blast" in the Market.

PRO TIP: Master your ability to paddle backwards. Backward strokes allow for sharper turns!

Advertisement
  2. iwillfearnoevil

iwillfearnoevil Well-Known Member

$1.99 in the market in case anyone curious ...

Essex likes this.
  3. MajesticFlame

MajesticFlame Well-Known Member

It is pretty fun once you've played it a few times and get used to the controls. Definitely a game that works good with touch screens. Agree that the install base for the game is still low since I got in the top 10 scores for the second river. Surprised to get that high in my short time with it.

4. Essex

Essex Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This game is "Exhibit A" why the Market, in its current form, sucks. A game like River Blast is why some developers are reluctant to embrace Android. Good graphics? Check. Immersive sound effects? Check. Fun gameplay? Check. Highly rated? Check.

And yet, the game has a minuscule amount of downloads because it's buried in the Market beneath all of the crappy spam apps by "developers" like "apkmore", "nesmore", "Tinyroid", and "Koks". (As an aside, who downloads those games? Anybody? Why the heck can't I permanently block these spam developers from showing up when I search the Market?) Android (Google) must update the market to include better search options so that the average Joe can find quality games without having to rely on internet forums.

At the end of the day, all I want is more good games like River Blast to play. Google just needs to help developers and gamers by including better search and filtering functions when the next version of Android is released. As is, the Market is a mess...

That said, check out River Blast. Give it a try! If you don't like it, get your refund... If we (Android gamers) don't support the good developers, they will migrate to other platforms like WP7 and iOS...

5. MajesticFlame

MajesticFlame Well-Known Member

Hey Essex, I don't know if you noticed but they put up an ad supported version as well now. I highly suggest that people pick up the ad free pay version if they like the game though. Properly support the developers if you can people.

I wonder if they are going to add OpenFeint support. Just by doing that they may get at least a slight bump in downloads. Seems like people really like their gamer scores.