• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

River Pirates - Tower Defense

Please can you say on which device you are running the game? We have tested it on several hardware with no problems.

Many thanks for your report, and sorry about this :(

The said which device he was having problems on; it is the Nook Color.

graphical issues w/ nook color running 2.3 cm7. Creeps flashing towers missing.

He also stated that he is using the ROM 2.3 cm7 suggesting that his device is rooted and not stock. I hope that helps. :)

Upvote 0
It's a nice game! But it would be more interesting with an "open" level without pre-destined path for the monsters.

You know, just a plain, blank level with entrance and exit, and you have you place your towers to block the monsters marsch, create your own maze, own paths... A bit like, you know, Towers Trap.

Otherwise, GOOD GAME.

Upvote 0
On my Samsung Galaxy S the game does not seem to run properly. I do get the background music and a black screen stating The Family. After a while get a level select screen, and when i select the first level the monsters and the towers you place are constant flickering during movement, like they miss a frame or something.

This is with version 2.2.1 of Android.

Upvote 0
On my Samsung Galaxy S the game does not seem to run properly. I do get the background music and a black screen stating The Family. After a while get a level select screen, and when i select the first level the monsters and the towers you place are constant flickering during movement, like they miss a frame or something.

This is with version 2.2.1 of Android.

i have the exact same problem.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
"Other kings said I was daft to build a tower in the swamp, but I built in all the same, just to show them. It sank into the swamp. So I built a second one. That sank into the swamp. So I built a third. That burned down, fell over, then sank into the swamp. But the fourth one stayed up. And that's what you're going to get, Lad, the strongest tower in these islands."

: P

But really, it looks good. Reminds me very strongly of "The Creeps!" back on iOS. Where are you in Germany? You should come stop by the Scoreloop offices sometime.

Reactions: Vanquished
Upvote 0
Hi,

we have released a new tower defense game called "River Pirates". It contains at this time 3 playable maps. We want to release step by step more new maps. Next map release is tomorrow (if we get it).

promo600.jpg

screen1.jpg

Here you can download it for free:
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.entwicklerx.riverpiratesfree

Thanks for testing it!!!

Best regards,

imagodespira

Reactions: williamj1
Upvote 0
I find this genre a bit tired so perhaps I'm not the best judge but it's not bad. It doesn't offer anything new but it does a decent job of what it tries to do. I love the background graphics, they are superb. The unit icons, ships and guns, aren't especially great but the worst thing is that it crashed on wave 13 of the first map. I couldn't get rid of it, I got a blank screen apart from the ad and the music playing with no response. I couldn't even turn the device off. Eventually I got the "Force Close / Wait" dialog so I could kill it then.

I'd like this sort of graphics in a Settlers / Anno type game, or a Close Combat game.

Upvote 0
I got to wave 40 (after several tries) and it hasn't crashed once.

I agree that the background graphics are awesome, but the guns/ships could use some updates. If those two things had as detailed (and more 3d'ish looking graphics) this game would be that much better.

Also, upgrades seem kind of expensive, but maybe that's just me.

How do you unlock new levels? I have played several times but it only lets me play the first level.

Upvote 0
OK. I will rework the towers, ships too if i get it ;)

Upgrades are expensive, but i think it is ok. Every player must take the "war" as it is. So every TD Game feels not the same than another.

Unlock Levels: I have tested it, while playing our developer version i did not realize it, there is a little bug. But if you restart the game there should be all levels unlocked.

I hope this weekend we can release an update, then also with a new map.

Background Story: We also have another game called "Swamp Defense" in Marketplace. But i want to try a game with other graphics and a little bit other balancing and for free. So we made "River Pirates". Yes it is hard to play sometimes, but me feeling is, if i play i can get better every try. First time i played i hit the 15 waves, then 20 and now around 45 (a friend 135), i like it if i think i can get better if i try it again... ;) Balancing is the hardest while making such a game...

I will inform you if the update is available (hope tomorrow).

Upvote 0
Couple of suggestions:

-reset level option using menu or back key (I didn't see one)

-guide that gives an idea how effective each upgrade is

If you want to reset a level, you need to press Back button, than choose level and start this map again (new game). I will talk with my coder if we make a new button in pause screen, but it is just a tip more.

- guide for upgrade, is noticet. i think i will include it in the how to play screens.

At this point: It is important to upgrade. It is better to upgrade a tower instead buy another. If i have not anough money to upgrade i buy a new tower but i try to sell him and upgrade an other existing tower.

Just a hint more: The canon has a splash damage, so it hits the enemies around the canonball. So if you place a speed reducer before the canon more enemies are on one place, so more can be hitted with one shot.

Next hint:) : you can tap on an enemy then there is an arrow on top. This indicates that every tower that is in rage shoots on this enemy. So you cen shoot with rockets and long distance to a boss ship while the other tower with small range shoot the ships in front of it....

Have fun and thanks for playing.

Upvote 0
We have released a little update. Hope some crashes are gone, but it is hard to find something, also tested now on Samsung Galaxy II, no crashes on our test device.

Problem with locked levels, also fixed.

Included in this update we also have a new map, hope you enjoy it. Next map in next update (hope then i have done some fixes on towerdesign...)

best regards,
imagodespira
www.entwickler-x.de/android/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones