• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root RM Manger problem.

Trying to install a custom rom from this guide http://androidforums.com/hero-all-t...ting-guide-updated-13-06-gmt-12-oct-10-a.html

It tells me to click on flash clockworkmod recovery and it will ask allow, and my problem is nothing happens expect for the little gray bar at the top shows a refreshing icon.

it also states
Note: If the SU permissions app doesn't pop up, make sure you have 'USB Debugging' enabled in your phone's settings.

I tryed that and still nothing happenswhat do i do ?

Did the one click root work? Do you see a superuser permissions app in your app drawer?

Yes i even downloaded that titanium backup you said , it also done that thing you said and i clicked problems etc and it fixed it.

The recovery img file is on the root, and yet nothing :(

---
edit
also redownload the recovery image file , and tryed rerooting and tryed reinstalling the rm manger etc

Upvote 0
How about this then: How To: Flash a New Recovery Image (If You Are Already Rooted) | TheUnlockr

At the point where you type in 'su' and hit enter, that should bring up a superuser permissions window too. Hopefully that will work.

wow odd thing i tryed that before rm manger and nothing, this time do bang bobs your uncle and it worked.
green recovery screen is up
now how do i continu the guild ?

thanks
will it be safe after to reformat my sd card.

just got back to loading screen with villainrom logo and waiting

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones