• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] [RM]StarScream-V2.0.1 [Developer Resource]

What Color should be Developed First

• Red

Votes: 25 33.8%
  • Blue

Votes: 36 48.6%
  • Green

Votes: 13 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So, i wanted to try the rom, but I made my own theme for it, uploaded your files and everything, but then it gets stuck in a bootloop....anyone know how to fix this? I uploaded the framework and the system so im not sure what the problem is...maybe if i make a theme WITHOUT modding the bootscreen ? anyway i would like to run this rom but with diff colors and the icons i prefer...so...brainstorm here, why is UOT Kitchen made themes w. uploaded files causing it to bootloop?

Upvote 0
I decided.. What the hey.. Let me check this ROM out and see what it has.. Today I was coming back from a job about 2 hours away from my house and the phone froze.. Then was stuck in a bootloop. I ended up having to fix permissions, Clear cache, and Ultimately do a factory reset.. Which did nothing but wipe my apps and everything else. I get back home finally and get everything set back up again.. What do ya know?? Freeze and bootloop. I'm not entirely sure what the issue is, but it is frustrating. Is there a fix for this bootloop and crash, or what?

Upvote 0
I decided.. What the hey.. Let me check this ROM out and see what it has.. Today I was coming back from a job about 2 hours away from my house and the phone froze.. Then was stuck in a bootloop. I ended up having to fix permissions, Clear cache, and Ultimately do a factory reset.. Which did nothing but wipe my apps and everything else. I get back home finally and get everything set back up again.. What do ya know?? Freeze and bootloop. I'm not entirely sure what the issue is, but it is frustrating. Is there a fix for this bootloop and crash, or what?

my guess is it's the kernel, see my post a couple posts up on how to change that... I had to change that to hroark's kernel to make it stable for my phone, other than that I have only seen what looks like a bootloop (boot animation goes a few times) if I wipe dalvik and reboot, but eventually it does load up... I also saw something like a boot loop when I let my phone run out of battery last night and then tried to start it again, but I think when it shuts down like that it's like wiping the dalvik so it will need to cycle through the boot animation a few times as it reloads.

Upvote 0
my guess is it's the kernel, see my post a couple posts up on how to change that... I had to change that to hroark's kernel to make it stable for my phone, other than that I have only seen what looks like a bootloop (boot animation goes a few times) if I wipe dalvik and reboot, but eventually it does load up... I also saw something like a boot loop when I let my phone run out of battery last night and then tried to start it again, but I think when it shuts down like that it's like wiping the dalvik so it will need to cycle through the boot animation a few times as it reloads.

Mr.bobo is correct, it seems to be an issue between missing symlinks and the ramdisk i used to make the kernel. dont worry it will be fixed, i have just been swamped between kernel and rom development (Shinjitsu) but i will get it working correctly.

in addition i will try making a test OC kernel based off the updated ZTE source to see if any of the issues with signal and such are still experienced by end-users

Upvote 0

I noticed this as well. Apollo made a damn good ROM when it boots, but the bootloops make it nearly unworkable. I have actually flashed back to stock over that issue (also it's inability to link to either of my Bluetooth earpieces). In all fairness I think Apollo was reticent to release this ROM due those type of issues but was pressured to do so by some on the forum. Regardless, it is still a damn good effort (especially considering that he did this without a working computer). I will say this when it boots it is a very stable ROM, outside of that the ROM overall still has a long way to go.

Reactions: Spiyder
Upvote 0
Apollo did good. I expected less apps n such since he said it would be simple and the people's ROM and I was the one pressuring him. I wont deny it because I was entirely too eager.. And drunk. I half ass apologized but I will do so again. APOLLO i am sorry for being a jerk.

Now with that said.. Do we solely think the problem is the kernel or is it the kernel and A2SD? I'm not too tech savvy but I am getting a handle on some things.

Upvote 0
Apollo did good. I expected less apps n such since he said it would be simple and the people's ROM and I was the one pressuring him. I wont deny it because I was entirely too eager.. And drunk. I half ass apologized but I will do so again. APOLLO i am sorry for being a jerk.

Now with that said.. Do we solely think the problem is the kernel or is it the kernel and A2SD? I'm not too tech savvy but I am getting a handle on some things.

The kernel is a problem for sone but the majority is a2sd also guys i have sone exciting news :) crt effects will be added thanks to chevanlol

Upvote 0
So, i wanted to try the rom, but I made my own theme for it, uploaded your files and everything, but then it gets stuck in a bootloop....anyone know how to fix this? I uploaded the framework and the system so im not sure what the problem is...maybe if i make a theme WITHOUT modding the bootscreen ? anyway i would like to run this rom but with diff colors and the icons i prefer...so...brainstorm here, why is UOT Kitchen made themes w. uploaded files causing it to bootloop?

Hey dont worry n0ve i have that same problem im trying to get the v1.1.0 with a dif theme to it but UOT doesnt play well

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones