1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

RMD recovery format ext2,3 and4 as fat32Support

1. erimerturk

erimerturk New Member

i need to format ext2,3 and4 as fat32. How can i do it with RMD recovery?

Advertisement
  2. Howard Hopkinson

Howard Hopkinson Well-Known Member

I don't know if you can.

Personally, I'd use Gparted to do it.
  3. Jon_LTD

Jon_LTD Well-Known Member

Morning erimerturk,

I think you'll be heavily advised to use SURoots guide on creating a partition by using gparted found here. This is because people in this forum know this guide step-by-step and can help if you come stuck at any particular point. If you use a guide or a method not familiar with this forum, it could be very difficult to help you diagnose any issues you come across.
    There are plenty of other threads on this forum of people asking for help on gparted (probably one from me archived somewhere :p), so I also suggest you have a quick skim read through some of those should you encounter any issues too. Don't be shy to shout out for help too.

Good luck!
  4. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

you cannot delete the partitions once created, you can change the type but cannot delete them.

eitherway i would suggest you get off that recovery asap. as you can see in my signature im an experienced user of that recovery however it has a critical bug in it that can mess things up in your rom to the point where you can only wipe and start again.
    i would suggest using amonRA 2.0.1 or CWM 2.5.0.7
    use gparted in vmware player to format the card properly