Road SMS App - .apk link

Last Updated:

1. sonicanatidae

sonicanatidae Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Found this in another board in this forum. Installed it and it works fine on my Captivate. The only mods I use are Rooted and Non-Market Apps enabled in settings.db. Otherwise, its a stock phone. I text a lot while walking. I DONT recommend anyone try this while driving, but for walking while texting its quite handy..

The app is called Road SMS
    Walk Safely With The Samsung Road SMS App AndroidSPIN | Your No.1 source for Everything Android.

Galaxy S users can download it via Samsung Apps, but since AT&Greed is the devil, we cant download it. If you have sideloading/Non-Market Apps enabled, you can grab the apk here and install.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1929316/APK/roadsms%201.01.apk

Original post:
    http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g/125370-samsung-road-sms-download.html

Advertisement
    SeriousBizznass likes this.
  2. aaronhopkins21

aaronhopkins21 Active Member

on droid eris there is no delete or letter p. but everything else is good

3. MrTony

MrTony Banned

It's a neat concept, but completely unusable. When you're naturally holding your phone, where is the camera lens? Directly under your fingers!

4. sonicanatidae

sonicanatidae Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Since its not SWYPE enabled, I either 2 thumb it like on a berry or
    I pinch with my left hand right around the power button on the top and the volume button on the bottom and key the text with my right fingertip.

Is this the end all, be all app of 2010? Not really, but its neat and possibly handy if your willing to work within its limitations...

5. radi0chik

radi0chik Well-Known Member

I think iphone had an app that'd do that too. I agree with Tony, it's a great concept, but the center row of characters isn't centered to what a normal qwerty keyboard should be... really throws ya off when trying to type. Also the alt character/number screen doesnt have a : or a ) which is bad news for those of us who make smiley faces :)

6. p1gnone

p1gnone Active Member

I just left the iPhone 3G walled garden for this new Captivate walled Garden? The first app, saw it on Gizmodo,well before I got my new GalaxyS was Road SMS. I downloaded it but [default]installation is blocked. My wife's VZ HTC Incredible has a menu choice in the Application settings to over-ride the non-Android Market block. So she has it, but not me!

As a noob I ask, how do I alter the setting.db as you have? Walk me there..

7. p1gnone

p1gnone Active Member

Found the many helpful threads, and will through dig it.

8. hoodtrix

hoodtrix Well-Known Member

yeah at&t is pulling a steve jobs on their androids, no sidleloading apps. However I do it all the time and with out go, go here:::
    Sideload Android apps all you want with the Sideload Wonder Machine | Android Central down load that, go to samsungs site and dl the drivers from them (not the link android central uses). Also make sure that the apk file you want is in the same folder as the wonder machine.

9. n0m0n

n0m0n Well-Known Member

If there is multiple #'s is there a option to choose which # to use for texting with this app?