• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Roaming alert app?

oleandere

Lurker
Nov 22, 2011
Hi,

Apparently my phone/network (Samsung Fascinate/PagePlus) warns me when I'm "roaming" by making me enter a phone number twice (for an outgoing call).

However, I would like to receive a warning bell of some sort - not just the little triangle - when I RECEIVE a call while suddenly roaming. That way, I know not to pick up unless I really need to. Currently there's no way to set that up in the phone menu itself.

Is there an app that will do this? There is one on Android Market called "Real Roaming Alarm," although it says it is for people who live on the border with a foreign country, something that does not apply to me. Would it work for me anyway?

There is also one called "Roaming Watcher," but there is no public info on it. Ten five-star reviews, but no one has written up a full review.

What have you guys tried?

I have an unrooted Fascinate with Froyo (2.2.2) on it.

Thanks!
- Lisa T.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones