Roaming and Battery Life

Last Updated:

1. Crane

Crane Member This Topic's Starter

Roaming seems to just absolutely hammer my battery life. I normally can make it through the day with plenty of battery to spare, but my experience roaming has been that it will kill the battery within a few hours. Has anybody else had the same issue?

I travel a lot and am often in rural areas. Sprint coverage is great in cities and along interstates but really seems to fall off after that. I'm strongly considering a switch to Verizon this weekend, as my 30 days is about up.

Advertisement
  2. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

All phones do that. While in roaming they are constantly looking for a connection back to their own network. It eats up the battery!

3. Crane

Crane Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks. That's what I thought was going on. I used to have an iPhone and I was very rarely, if ever roaming so it was a non-issue. It looks like I'm going to have to switch over. Sprint has good coverage where I live, but not all of the places that I travel to on a fairly regular basis.

4. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

I'm pretty good with coverage here but driving in the more rural areas by battery life gets destroyed...thank goodness for car chargers.

5. MrPassion

MrPassion Well-Known Member

It sounds like you are in your car while roaming so put it on a car charger. Then you have no problem.