Roaming update adds "Verizon Wireless" textGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Busbar

Busbar Active Member This Topic's Starter

I recently updated my Eris' roaming settings (*228, option 2) and now the words "Verizon Wireless" appear across the top of the unlock bar, and on the notification bar when I open it (pull it down). Is there a setting where I can blank this?

Advertisement
  2. Kevkelsar

Kevkelsar Well-Known Member

That "Verizon Wireless" has always been at the top of my unlock bar.

3. sc00bz

sc00bz Well-Known Member

Mine doesn't say Verizon wireless anywhere.

Edit - I read unlock bar and was thinking notification bar. It does say Verizon wireless over my unlock bar. Haha

4. Trident

Trident VIP Member VIP Member

Hmm... very strange that it was pushed to your phone while updating your roaming capabilities. Unfortunately, there is no way to "blank" or remove the carrier tag on an unrooted device.

5. smacky

smacky Banned

I never really noticed that. When I unlock my phone, I hit Menu, I stopped doing the swipe because it was ******edly anal on how far I dragged it down.

Same with the notification bar. I only drag it down when there's a notification and I pay attention to that.

6. ericDylan

ericDylan Well-Known Member

were you on an alltell contract? that is the only thing i can think of that would cause the verizon wireless sign thing to come up after an update because i have heard of people on an alltell contract to not have that verizon thing. i guess it is possible that updating service could update that.

7. Trident

Good thought!

8. Busbar

Busbar Active Member This Topic's Starter

It's probably related... my original contract was w/Bell Nynex Atlantic (remember them?) which got rolled into Verizon... I was off contract for a loooooong time, until recently... that new signing must have branded me. I always had the Verizon splash screen, but that is a phone thing, not related to the network login... guess I'm stuck with this for now.

9. ericDylan

ericDylan Well-Known Member

yeah. but im sure once we get root(whenever/if ever) youll be able to get it off.

10. Trident

Most definitely! It won't be long before you can root your Droid Eris either.