• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

crater

Nov 10, 2008
So i see the option to allow data roaming and so forth but i'm wondering if there are any options i'm missing as far as setting the roam mode.

On my old Sprint phone i could force it to roam, which was helpful at my home because i didn't get a good sprint signal(and i don't get a t-mobile signal really either) so if anything it will connect to t-mobile (or previously sprint) and have no bars and then disconnect. Sprint told me to set the phone to roam and it would then do a nice digital roam and get me signal, insuring i didn't miss calls and such.

Is there a way to do this on the G1? In the network section i can see that there is an AT&T signal available, but if i click on it, it will unregister from T-mobile and then refuses to connect to AT&T since the sim card is locked, i have however seen the phone roam itself onto AT&T before. So is there anyway to force a roam?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones