RoamingGeneral

1. screennamie

screennamie Well-Known Member

I'm going to be doing some intense traveling in a few days and I know Verizon has a pretty extensive network. But what does the symbol look like in the status bar for roaming?

Really don't feel like racking my bill up. :confused:

Advertisement
  2. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

I would contact customer service at Verizon, but I don't think they have roaming in the US. I think that you can go anywhere with a nationwide plan and not be charged anything if you roam onto someone else's towers. I would be careful near the Canadian border though. ;)
  3. BigDaddyFromCincinnati

BigDaddyFromCincinnati Well-Known Member

As far as I know there is no roaming in the United States. I had the same conversation with Verizon when my wife went to the Virgin Islands. That is considered the United States and there were no charges for her to call me from there. Maybe different now. I would call Verizon.
  4. pkopalek

pkopalek Well-Known Member

There will be a little triangle up and to the left of your reception 'Bars'.

Like how there's an 'X' there if you have no network. But roaming will have a triangle.
  5. pkopalek

pkopalek Well-Known Member

Being right over the border from Canada, and traveling there for work from time to time, I will tell you that the triangle DOES appear.

No $ cost so far though.
  6. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

I travel often to a location in southwestern NH where US Cellular is dominant and Verizon roams. I often see the triangle (though I haven't been there with the Eris yet.) No charge for roaming.
  7. screennamie

screennamie Well-Known Member

Excellent, thanks guys I will keep my eyes peeled for the triangle.

I know on my old phone I could hit *228 to update towers too, do ya think its stilll the same?
  8. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

It is the same.