• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root roblem with SetCPU

othgar

Mar 7, 2010
NJ
I installed SetCPU and found it very confusing. I went into the market and uninstalled/refunded it. I got a message saying uninstall failed but it is no longer showing in my list of installed apps. My phone is very choppy/laggy now. Is there a way of checking my current CPU speed? I am wondering if when I uninstalled the app my CPU remained at my minimum setting.

If you're confused by all the stuff, you do not need to mess with any of it. Just move the slider at the top to the desired speed. It will still down the speed when it's not needed. The profiles are just for when you don't want it to ever at max speed. Like if you have a 1GHz kernel installed you can set a profile for it to never go above 600mHz while in sleep mode. The rest of it you don't need to touch.

It might have got the unistall fail because it was installed to the sd, BB has a setting that tries to install all apps to SD which causes problems with some apps. You could check your settings>applications>installed on SD to see if it's there.
I don't know about the minimum setting. If you uninstalled it set there, it might have kept it at minimum. But BB has script to manage overclocking, so SetCPU isn't necessary I don't know if it would override those setting. Did you try and reboot and see if it's still laggy?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones