• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Robo Defense

I got robo defense helper the other day and it really works. I'm a big cheater so its perfect for me. If you get it be careful because you can ruin the game for yourself. You can upgrade everything. I just tweaked a couple things like unlocked the teleport mines and gave myself a little more starting money. It gives me a little edge.

Upvote 0
Is there a way to reset your Rob Defense game? Id like to get a fresh start from scratch but cant figure out how to do this, or if its even possible.

Robo defense helper on the market. 0.99. The develeper is really cool and will answer any problems you have. Be careful that you don't over do it on the upgrades because you will.make the game very boring very quickly.

Upvote 0
This configuration works well for lower levels on the Courtyard map, but would need reinforced SAM missiles to be successful on higher levels.

courtyard.png

- s

subexpression
Thanks for posting this screenshot.

How did you manage to capture the screen?

I'd love to share some of my strategies, and this method seems perfect.

Upvote 0
I love this game - It was my go to game for the last 2 years on a G1. (Although I didn't get the crazy insane high scores that a lot of you did. I mostly just tried to see how high a level I could play on & still get a "perfect" game bonus.)

On to the point: I've just recently upgraded from the G1 to an HTC Evo.
Now the game is ... there's no other way to put it ... BLURRY.

The resolution just can't handle the larger screen size.
I get that. I totally understand why it's happening.

But with so many phones getting larger screens, I'm sure people would appreciate a higher resolution version of the game.

Hotel Mogul (another good game, although not as addicting as Robo) has a regular version, and a High Res version.
It makes a HUGE difference on my Evo, and it's GORGEOUS.

I hope Lupis will follow their lead.

Upvote 0
First thing I noticed when I got my Evo, the graphic quality of robo defence is minimal. Just enough to make it look ok on a 2.3" screen. I first started playing robo defence on my wife's Samsung Moment, while waiting for the Evo to launch. When I got the Evo, the first thing I did was to buy robo defence. You'll get used to the graphics after a few hours, but it would be nice to sharpen them up a wee bit.

Upvote 0
... You'll get used to the graphics after a few hours, but it would be nice to sharpen them up a wee bit.

Yeah, I know some people will get used to the low resolution soon enough. (Probably the same people who don't seem to notice when their wide screen TVs are on the wrong setting. They happily watch their shows and not notice that everything's bizarrely horizontally stretched.) ;)

I can always hope that someday they'll offer a "large screen" version.

In the mean time, I find I'm playing Robo less and less. And it's because the lackluster graphics are just so BLAH now.

If my first experience with Robo had been on the Evo, I think I would have been disappointed.

Upvote 0
I don't see it as double posting, since it has been almost 30 days...

YEAH, UPDATES!

maybe the dev reads this thread? Loving the new air attack graphics, please consider the following:
double the strength of the Titan
make him "non-teleportable"
let him destroy units?
I'd also like to see updated backgrounds (high rez as I'm planning on playing this on my tablet when I get it this year)

some new units?
how about one that does not fly straight to the exit?
or on boards with multiple exits, randomly flies to one, so they are not all in a line?
Or make some units immune to rockets (since everyone piles rocket launchers out to kill everything)

any way to update the bit size eliminating the negative funds issue?
how about more "types" of upgrades (missile->rocket->flaming rocket, mortar->super mortar->nuke)?
I would love the option to place units while paused
faster fast forward
option to turn off ballistic graphics for slower phones? (not the Evo of course)
larger boards
pinch to zoom!
slow mo (1/2 speed)?
choose your own number of waves? (using a multiplier for bonus cash at the end based off the number of waves chosen)
new achievement for finishing a level in under a certain number of seconds (similar to the fast forward option) at specific difficulties
new achievement for completing higher levels (even if just changing the current ones to 25, 100, 250, 500, 1000 difficulties, instead of 10, 20, 40)
increase the number of units per wave

did I mention bigger boards and zoom?

emailing a copy of this to the dev also... :)

Upvote 0
Level 7000 here (yes, I encountered the "negative award" level)

Problem is, I'm playing the game now to see if it can catch up to the insane level my rocket strength is at (level 21,000). So far, it still only takes six regular rocket towers to kill everything that comes out. It's not really a game anymore, I just start it, and forget it. Takes about 8 minutes per game on fast forward.

Upvote 0
Why not? get a phone from Ebay that requires no contract, here is a link to search for sub $25 phones, filter to buy it now, sort lowest price first, there are phones $10 and under running android. And you should get great battery life running in airplane mode all the time... You'll have to put the .apk files on a memory card to get things installed, but at those prices it is cheaper than almost any toy you could buy for him.

android items - Get great deals on Cell Phones Smartphones, Camera items on eBay.com!

Upvote 0
I hate the jeeps. Oh, do any of you ever have the issue of having fast forward stuck being on. Ok, sometimes ff is on at normal speed, and when I press ff it is like blurry fast. Happened only a couple times...but through me for a loop lol.

I'm only at like level 100, but now it takes like 5 rockets from a level 23 rocket tower upgraded twice to kill a jeep.

LOVE the game though.

Wish there were more options. Idk how some of you ppl. play up to the levels you are at lol.

Flame tower seems to be relatively useless imo.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones